“sad time”
Review of Carolina Kitchen

Carolina Kitchen
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The first thing I saw was a roach when I sat down,food was not worth the price they wanted.it is easier getting parking during off movie hours.if your looking for a great meal,pass them by

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were in the area and have heard good things about this restaurant, so we decided to give it a try. This was about 5:30 on a Thurs evening. We noticed they do a carry out business as well as dine in. Our names were taken and we were asked to sit and wait for about 10 min, but looking around there were many vacant tables, so we had difficulty wondering why such a wait. Finally seated at the table, another wait was about 5 min for the drink order to be taken, it was promptly served. The next wait was close to 15 min before a server finally came over and took our order, immediately before this I said to my husband: if no one comes to our table in the next few minutes we are leaving...this was just too long. The staff seems to enjoy leisurly engaging in conversation, leaving customers wondering what is going on. So on that note, they are disappointing. Once the server took the order it was soon filled, he was attentive. The food was generous in portions and generally good. My husband had the short ribs, homemade potato salad, and mac & cheese. I had the fried chicken, greens, and mac & cheese. All was really good, especially the mac & cheese-done to perfection. As stated, the service is slow even though they have enough serving staff.

1  Thank redcatcec
Reviewed September 16, 2013

There is nothing like a good southern home cooked meal after church on a Sunday afternoon. Especially one that you don't have to prepare yourself. I ordered the mac and cheese, collards, cabbage, pototo salad and apple pie. Everything was delicious. I will definitely dine here again.

1  Thank nikkicapri
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've been to Carolina Kitchen many times when I lived in DC. I've been gone for about a year and a half and went over labor day weekend. The food still tastes great. It isn't too salty or greasy and the service is excellent. Anybody wanting good quality soul food should visit this spot.

1  Thank 301Traveler3011
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We will definitely return here in the future (even if it's out of the way) to have the macaroni and cheese and fresh, homemade, delicious cornbread! The service was excellent and extremely polite!
Can't wait to go to the D.C. area to return here soon!

1  Thank xraysta