“A taste of southern cooking, expect to wait for it”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Carolina Kitchen

Carolina Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
baltimore
“A taste of southern cooking, expect to wait for it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were in the area and have heard good things about this restaurant, so we decided to give it a try. This was about 5:30 on a Thurs evening. We noticed they do a carry out business as well as dine in. Our names were taken and we were asked to sit and wait for about 10 min, but looking around there were many vacant tables, so we had difficulty wondering why such a wait. Finally seated at the table, another wait was about 5 min for the drink order to be taken, it was promptly served. The next wait was close to 15 min before a server finally came over and took our order, immediately before this I said to my husband: if no one comes to our table in the next few minutes we are leaving...this was just too long. The staff seems to enjoy leisurly engaging in conversation, leaving customers wondering what is going on. So on that note, they are disappointing. Once the server took the order it was soon filled, he was attentive. The food was generous in portions and generally good. My husband had the short ribs, homemade potato salad, and mac & cheese. I had the fried chicken, greens, and mac & cheese. All was really good, especially the mac & cheese-done to perfection. As stated, the service is slow even though they have enough serving staff.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank redcatcec

Baltimore, Maryland
“Southern Home Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

There is nothing like a good southern home cooked meal after church on a Sunday afternoon. Especially one that you don't have to prepare yourself. I ordered the mac and cheese, collards, cabbage, pototo salad and apple pie. Everything was delicious. I will definitely dine here again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank nikkicapri
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great food, never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've been to Carolina Kitchen many times when I lived in DC. I've been gone for about a year and a half and went over labor day weekend. The food still tastes great. It isn't too salty or greasy and the service is excellent. Anybody wanting good quality soul food should visit this spot.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 301Traveler3011
Tinton Falls, NJ
“the best mac and cheese EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We will definitely return here in the future (even if it's out of the way) to have the macaroni and cheese and fresh, homemade, delicious cornbread! The service was excellent and extremely polite!
Can't wait to go to the D.C. area to return here soon!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank xraysta
Dayton, Ohio
“Just like Momma's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Small and cozy place by a movie theater in MD. Went right at 11 o'clock and walked right in,my niece said it gets crowded quickly and it was in less than hour after we sat down. They have dinners with a choice of meat or fish with two vegetables and a corn muffin,various beverages, and desserts. I ordered fried whiting fish for $9.99, my niece and daughter ordered 2 pc chicken dinners . There is a higher cost for white meat($8.48) vs dark($7.79) and extra side of potato salad was $3.29. The drinks were $1.99 and cake was$4.79. However there were lots of choices and everything was delicious. The decor was eclectic with small tables scattered with tablecloths and very clean. Clean up is your responsibility and there is music to enjoy while you eat. Very enjoyable place to eat and everyone was friendly and efficient.

• Visited July 2013