“Visiting from out of town, really enjoyed Jasper's.”

Jasper's American Grill - Largo
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was traveling for business and needed a late dinner. Jasper's has a big menu to choose from. The food was very good and the service was friendly. I'd eat here again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you want a good meal for a decent price,look no more.steaks are great,a little big for little ones,but a 10 yr old at the next table took it on.the servers are nice and friendly and they don't butter you up for a good tip,not a bad place to watch sporting events,plus,they have odoul's

Reviewed February 24, 2014

When in Greenbelt, MD, Jasper's food & service wasn't that great and caused me to stop going there for a LONG while. When they relocated to Largo, I still stayed away. One afternoon a group of us decided to go because the surrounding restaurants had a 45mn to an hour wait. Surprisingly (sort of), Jasper's had no wait! The service in the dining area was great, we had a fun waiter, there was a bit of a wait on items (extra napkins, bread, bread plates, etc.). I ordered the shrimp and grits, which was recommended to me by one of the folks in my group. It was good with one exception. The andouille sausage was NOT andouille sausage. However, the large fresh shrimp made up for it, but for this dish, it's probably best to use what is described. All sausage is not created equal. Needless to say that I was a bit impressed with Jasper's attempt at a 180, that I went back two weeks later (solo) to grab a bite to eat at the bar. Ho hum. When I arrived to the bar, I wasn't greeted. The one female bartender walked by, no acknowledgement and I NEVER saw her again after that. Could've been shift change, not sure. I actually started to call the restaurant to ask if there was a bartender on duty because there wasn't another one in sight for a long while. It took 15 minutes before another female bartender even came over to my side. She was busy ringing tickets, tending to a group of guys near me, and never really made eye contact until I had to nearly yell at her. And granted, there wasn't a lot of people at the bar. It was like 2p on a Saturday. Ordered my food, they brought the main dish out before the appetizer and actually forgot it altogether until I reminded them. The food was good, I think I had the pasta with chicken and shrimp. I had to wait forever to get a box. By now there was another female bartender and she was a 'bit' more attentive, but not very pleasant. *sigh*. After I ate, I boxed my appetizer and waited another 15 minutes for the check. When I go out to eat, which is often, I don't ask for my bill. I shouldn't have to ASK to pay you for your service (maybe that's just me). FINALLY, the bartender (the one I flagged down earlier) came over and asked "are you waiting on your bill?" I smiled and nodded. So...unfortunately Jasper's didn't quite make that 180 like I thought, so they will have to go back on my "Places NOT to go eat" list. But let me be clear...the food was pretty good, but when it's coupled with bad service...not a good look.

1  Thank trixietrix
Reviewed February 8, 2014

First time coming to Jasper's. It is a local hot spot. I was told to try a goblet but that was too much alcohol for lunch lol. I did enjoy the Bone Crusher instead. I chose the Jasper's Seafood Explosion and it was great. No cake in this crab cake. Full of chucks of fresh crab meat. The warm rolls were a good welcome to the table. The honey butter was great. I would go back for dinner and explore the next time I visit.

1  Thank Courtney L
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I don't recommend this place to anyone EVER!!! I'm greeted by the manager who didn't care to seat me or my party of veterans from out of town on thanksgiving break. We walk to a open table and he approaches us with an attitude. Only after my girlfriend calms the situation we order 1 ginger ale that we later find out has gratuity added on because we came after 10pm. So 1 ginger ale is $4 bucks!!! Ridiculous. Never again

1  Thank Ray W