“Disappointed with service”

Add it.
Kitchen No 1
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Kitchen No 1 used to be one of our favorites for sit down dining. But, things have changed, most notably in the attitude of the staff. When the waitress first came to the table, she placed our water glasses on another table and left them there. Then she brought a pot of tea that we didn't order. All we wanted was the water-we got it after I asked for it. We ordered Won Ton Soup. I asked for broth only. The waitress said she would give my won tons to my husband. When it came out, both of us had two won tons in our soup. The waitress quickly got a small bowl for me to put my won tons in for my husband. I had to ask that my bowl be filled with broth which she did. My husband ordered the rib combination plate. He said the ribs were tough and not very enjoyable. I ordered Moo Goo Gai Pan combination (egg roll and fried rice comes with the combination) and it did not have the flavor I was used to-it was too bland. I opted for white rice and the portion was two huge mounds. I found a small foreign object in my Moo Good Gai Pan-it was hard about the size of half a pea. At first I thought it was a piece of chicken bone (although the dish was made with all white breast meat). When the waitress finally came to check on us (after we were done), I showed it to her. She used her fingernall to break it apart, so I knew it was not bone. She insisted it was green onion-I told her "no way". She then had a fairly long and loud conversation, in Chinese, with a fellow worker. Then she called the manager. He came over and we all concluded it was the hard end of a garlic clove. That was it-no apology. He walked away and the waitress said "that's too bad". The waitress did not check on us during the meal and our waters were never refilled. That might be excusable if they were busy, but we were the only ones in the restaurant when we first got there. Two or three other parties came in while we were there, but at no time was the waitress overwhelmed. I am afraid that this restaurant will no longer see our business.

1  Thank Carole P