“Short on comfort”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Upper Marlboro
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Short on comfort”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We went to the Annapolis area for a family gathering which was happening near Shady Side which is quite remote. We found this hotel on line and thought it would be central to several locations we would be traveling to. We asked for a room that would accommodate a family with two adults and two children - who do not sleep in the same bed. We were offered a handicap King suite with a fold out couch and a roll away for the children. The fold out couch had a "mattress" that was less than three inches thick and the springs were poking through the covering. Unacceptable, The roll away was only a little better and the younger (100 lbs) child could tolerate that. Several things in the room did not work and the internet would not work the entire stay. The breakfast was well stocked with the exception of fresh fruit. The staff was friendly but the area is a little too remote for shopping. We would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to check out the room before you accept.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed here for a business meeting in the area. The hotel is nice. The location is a bit odd as it is right next to a liquor store but I did not notice any noise or loitering problems. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The exercise equipment was below average, but most mid-priced hotels exercise rooms aren't great. The breakfast was average - I would have liked a bit more variety. Overall a good value and I would stay here again if I needed to stay in this immediate area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
sleepinnmd214, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro near Andrews AFB, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Mr.Travis

I would like to thank you for taking the time to response to the online survey, we are happy to hear that you enjoy your stay.We strive on make all our guest stay a enjoyable one, we appreciate to hear what we are doing right and what and where we need to improve on.We value all our guest feedback.Once again thank you for taking the survey, as I will share it with all my employees..
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I wanted to get away for a weekend. A family memeber suggested to stay at Sleep & Inn Suites in Upper Marlboro. The front desk staff was very friendly, fast, professional and nice. The breakfast was great. I would come back & suggest people to stay at the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
frederick b, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro near Andrews AFB, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear, Michaela

Kind Regards,

Frederick Boateng
Operation Manager
Sleep inn and suites
301-599-9400
Long Branch
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here because we went to Six Flags. The room was spacious and clean and very nice. The front desk was very nice as well. very friendly. The breakfast in the morning was good quality and clean. The only major downfall was the air conditioning. It worked however it shut off during the night and got really hot in the room. It was also very loud. The bathroom drain was loud too , the toilet would run through the night. Otherwise this was a decent place to stay for our purpose.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joan G
sleepinnmd214, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro near Andrews AFB, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Good Afternoon Ms. Joan

I want to first Thank You for taking the time to complete the on line servery.We strive on making our guest stay a very enjoyable stay.We are deeply sorry you had encounter some issue with your room during your stay.I have shared your review will all department, and making the corrections that was mention in your response.Again Thanks for taking the time to complete the online survey, if we can do anything better on your next stay in the further please let us know.
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Last minute arrival (10PM) Marcus received us and treat us very professional.

Very clean, almost brand new hotel and affordable. Nice and safe parking lot.

Great service... Great people... Room had decent size fridge, bathroom spotless, great security quiet area. I would come back. '

Thanks!!

Room Tip: Clean, nice and affordable. The best in the area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
sleepinnmd214, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro near Andrews AFB, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Good Day

Thanks so much for taking they survey regarding you stay experience at our hotel, we greatly appreciate the kind work and like to hear when we are doing our job correctly.I deeply appreciate the hi lite of a employee who doing great.Thanks again for taking the survey and we hope to see you again in the further.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was perfect for a family stay. Front desk staff was very polite and fast. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Bathroom was spotless with great water pressure. Security was good to the point a key card was needed to use the elevators at all times. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
sleepinnmd214, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro near Andrews AFB, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Good Morning Bobw79

First of all I want to Thanks you for choosing our hotel to accommodate your lodging need.Your kind words are greatly appreciated, we hope you would tell your friends, family ect.. about our wonderful hotel and staff.We try to make all our guest fill like home away from home we they stay with us.Thank you,
New Jersey
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Below, is the email I sent to the manager over a week ago and I only received a $20.00 Credit on my room charge not to mention she could care less about what I had to say below, needless to say I hope this helps you in making your decision in choosing this hotel, for myself I will travel to the next state before staying here again!!
I have come there in the past with no problems however this trip was not pleasant at all. I brought my sons with me this trip and even though they wanted a hotel with a pool, this hotel is much closer to my father and has smoking rooms. I booked two rooms one double non smoking and one king suite smoking. Upon my arrival 11pm friday after 4hours drive, first there was no parking, then my smoking room was not book very pissed about that and was told no rooms were available. After settling in, come to find out the refrigerator was broke and my husband had to store his insulin in a ice cup. I am not sure what happened to the great service here however as a travel agent and parent, I do not plan to come back upon my next visit to my father in MD. I would rather travel much father for better accommodations. The young lady at the desk was very apologetic however this was not the service I expected the main reason we selecting your hotel was the smoking rooms and I did not receive it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
#6 of 9 in Camp Springs
Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
#1 of 1 in Chesapeake Beach

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro near Andrews AFB? Share your experiences!