“Fantastic!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maple Ave.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I would have never thought to have found such a wonderful place to have dinner in such a small town. It was our first time dining, and we had been given advice that we had to check it out on our next trip to the shore. Wow! I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was. From the moment we walked in the front door, to our lovely window table, the outstanding food and our wonderful server, Robin. She was very patient in explaining some of the menu items, as it was our first trip in. We will most certainly be back! A great establishment for a small town!!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Terrific experience at a surprising location. Mitchum's ( named four Robert Mitchum' of movie dame who lived there in Trappe, MD for 11 years) is a wonderful, high end restaurant. The food was beyond wonderful and the service (Ashley) was superb. I recommend it as by far the best in the area.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I did not expect this restaurant in Trappe. This will now be on my "must do" lists every time I come home. Great steaks, cream of crab soup was amazing, and the wine list had some great buys. Our server was Ashley and she handled our celebration dinner beautifully. I will recommend this to everyone coming to the Eastern Shore.

Can't wait to come in the summer for the crab cakes.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We did not expect to find a steakhouse like this in a tiny place like Trappe, MD...You enter the building through huge wooden doors and then it's just WOW! It almost looks like a big, elegant ball room. All the waiters are neatly dressed, the decor on the walls is very tasteful and they played an old-time black and white movie on a flat screen TV which gave the place just the right feeling. Food was excellent and service very friendly. I can only recommend trying it out. However, it is pretty pricy.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I always try to stop here for dinner when traveling to or from the beach. We have not been disappointed with the food or the service. Chris was our waitress on our latest visit. She is a lovely, friendly lady and provides top-notch service. We both had steak, which was perfectly cooked. When my plate arrived, I noticed the green beans were covered with garlic, which is not a favorite. Chris graciously offered to have the chef prepare the beans another way, which I accepted, and I was much happier with the beans sautéed with onions and butter. The wine selection is varied. The offerings by the glass are quite good for the price. We always enjoy the atmosphere here as well, casually elegant. Will definitely be back.