“Food and service good.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cross street: Maple Ave.
Queenstown, Maryland
“Food and service good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Mitchum's is in a very small town in Trappe, MD., but if you are like me, I like to explore areas that are not as mainstream and there are some really great places out there. Their food was excellent and wait staff very professional. The atmosphere is a cross between casual and upscale. A little pricey, but very much worth the money. We will definitely go back again.

• Visited May 2012

Connecticut
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We enjoyed a special celebratory dinner at Mitchum's and everything (from the service to the decor to the food to the smiles of the staff) was simply perfect. We dined at may restaurants in the area during our week long stay and Mitchum's was by far the best of them all. When we are back in the area, this will be our first stop.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank eppyhow
Atlanta, GA USA
“Overpriced & Mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

"You can't eat the decor". My experience at Mitchum's was well below average and overpriced. The scallop appetizer looked much better than it tasted and the filet was small, dry and over-cooked. The only good notes were the service and desert.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GSSATLANTA
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Beautiful space, good food but lewnes in Annapolis is better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Enjoyed dinner this past Saturday. We were able to secure an 8pm dinner reservation for a large party earlier that day. The venue is on a corner of a little town, off the beaten track. The space is beautifully and tastefully decorated. It was a bit loud inside and hard to hear others speaking at my table as well as the server. The wine from the list was not available so a substitute was made. I tasted the shrimp and grits and an oyster appetizer. They were the best part of my meal. I ordered the filet. For a 35-40$ steak, I expect it to melt under my knife. It did not. Our table shared the fries and spinach al la cart. The spinach lacked flavor and while the fries were seasoned well, I think a better effort could have been made to offer a more refined side dish.
The pumpkin cheesecake was good but one that left me wanting more. We ordered espresso and were told that the machine wasn't working. We were the last table to leave and it struck me odd that this was all of a sudden the machine was "broken". Our bill was well over 400$.
Is it a nice steakhouse? Yes. Is it better than Lewnes or Ruth Chris? No.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Maryland
“Big food in small town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Beautiful space, decorated with posters starring former local Rober Mitchum. The food was delicious and beautifully prepared. My only complaint was lukewarm coffee! Great service. Easily accessible from nearby Cambridge.