“Nice place but just ok”
Review of Mitchum's Steak House - CLOSED

Mitchum's Steak House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maple Ave.
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Ate there sat night. Food was average and expensive. Steak had a burned taste. Sides were good but not great. Best part of dinner was dessert.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We spend a lot of time in Talbot County but had never made it to Mitchum's before. What a great place! The service was impeccable, even on a busy night, the staff were friendly and attentive, and the steaks and salads were first-rate. I had the dry aged delmonico - was fantastic and cooked exactly right. Charming bar and lovely decor. We will definitely be back, maybe to try their Sunday night prime rib.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We visited on a Wednesday night when they offer half price martinis. The dinner was delicious and the atmosphere great. I love Rober Mitchum

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've had lunch, dinner and "just" drinks here. Excellent menu, well beyond what you expect from a steakhouse in a small farming community (though one with a lot of well-heeled weekend estate owners). It's named for the actor Robert Mitchum, and his movies play silently and eternally above the bar. John the bartender knows a lot about wine and also how to make almost any cocktail you want. Light fare at lunch time is served in a smaller building in the rear.
This is the one restaurant in Talbot County, Md., that NEVER disappoints. It's expensive, but unlike some of the county's other expensive places, it delivers good value. You don't leave here thinking you've been had.
I like the New York strip, but everything always looks good.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place was good. It was our second time coming here. I think the first time was better. I got the prime rib and I had to cut a third of it off because of tons of fat. We also got the banana pudding for dessert. It was like this banana liquid stuff in a shell. Overall, okay not great like the first time. The service was friendly.