WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Bristol
“OK place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights. It was OK, the bed was comfortable, but the pillows were not - too small and really lumpy. I appreciated having a kitchenette, but would have preferred decent crockery - not the plastic plates that I associate with either picnics or nurseries! And, real mugs, not paper cups would really be nice in American Holiday Inns! It was clean and kept clean, which is probably the most important aspect of a hotel in my view! Not the most inspiring location, but easy to get into Baltimore (if you have a car, but then Baltimore without a car is pretty impossible). It is close to the Light Rail, which is useful. They could improve the signage, though. At the exit to the car park is one of the least helpful signs I have ever seen: "For North or South, turn Left or Right"!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mary W, Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! Holiday Inn has updated the pillows so we are in the process of getting all new pillows! I agree they can use some work. Also, the light rail does run directly to Downtown Inner Harbor in case you don't have a car. We offer complimentary shuttle service to the light rail for future stays. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I arrived very early and was greeted by a very nice helpful front desk clerk named Cindy. I was very impressed at the moment I walked in by the lobby. The place was wonderful and very clean. Dinner at Chilis was great. It was nice that we didn't have to go outside to go anywhere because it was snowing. Having a nice hot breakfast in the morning attended by a lady named Karon who was very pleasant was a nice added touch to our stay. Even the housekeepers were friendly and helpful, one in particular named Annette. Management must be very good to have such a good staff that work well together. I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary W, Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Baltimore.
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I made the reservation thinking I was staying at the Crown Plaza, down the road about a mile or two. I was wrong and since the Crown Plaza wouldn't match the rate I was quoted at the Holiday Inn, I drove to the Timonian location in a suburb of Baltimore.
The hotel is OK, but it really should be classified as a Holiday In Express. There is no actual Holiday Inn bar or restaurant associated directly with the hotel.
The bathrooms are small with limited counter space.
There is a small dining area that caters to what may appear to be a simple hot breakfast for 5 dollars (when did you ever get a full breakfast at Holiday Inn for five dollars), but the actual restaurant is a Chili's. I asked for a wine glass for my room and was refused. The front desk stated that they could supply a plastic cup.
The one good advantage is that there are several name brand restaurant chains within walking distance.
To return in this area, this would not be my first choice. I still need to know why the Crown Plaza (2 miles away) is difficult trying to get information on. I stayed there many times in the past, but I have a feeling that this property is being dumped or not supported by Holiday Inn chain anymore.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear TBRD113,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the layout of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of weeks. The rooms are nice and they keep the hotel clean. The woman who works during the week in the morning was one of the most unfriendly person I've met. The housekeepers just do the minimum in your room. The breakfast was okay but pretty much the same every morning. The part that really soured my experience was that my room was to be direct billed and they billed my credit card even though they told me that they would not bill my credit card. If I had to stay in that area again for a long time it would not be at that hotel. One positive is that the hotel is connected to Chili's which may it convenient for dining at night. The women who worked the front desk in the evenings were great. I also had to stand in line in the mornings behind hotel employees to get coffee. The first week I was there Wi-Fi didn't work most of the time. Overall - not a great experience. I will stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Stay at the Embassy Suites in Hunt Valley!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mary W, Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
I am sorry that you had an unpleasant stay with us! All of your issues will be addressed with the appropriate staff members. We certainly don’t like to hear that you were unhappy with your stay, however thank you for taking the time to tell us about the things we can improve on! I can assure you that these comments will not be taken lightly!
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here, the rooms were spacious and clean. We had a king with a kitchenette and 2 beds with no kitchenette. The rooms were booked together but unfortunately we were placed on different floors. There is a light rail station that took us into Baltimore and the stop is just down the street. You can park there for free or it is within walking distance, we did both. The hotel was clean, staff was nice, no complaints. 2 of us had the $5 breakfast, 2 of us didn't. It was OK according to our friends. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review, Delred! The Light Rail certainly is convenient for going downtown! Next time you stay with us, we also have a shuttle that can take you to the Light Rail stop. We hope you come back and see us again!
Safety Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

This Holiday Inn was by far one of the best around. Accommodations were great, The room and bathroom was spotless.Overall, the hotel was well maintained. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The breakfast was not included in the price of the room, but for $5 you couldn't beat it! The only criticism was the size of the breakfast room. It is very small and additional tables are set up in the hall. It is centrally located and close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary W, Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for the comments, Pagstar! I am glad your stay was pleasant!
Fargo, ND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I was in Baltimore for 5 days on business. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, but the bathroom was very small. I would imagine they had to make room for the small kitchenette in the bedroom area (I didn't use the kitchenette but was pleasantly surprised to see it!). The exercise room had one treadmill that jumped a little bit at smaller speeds, and a gentleman in the exercise room told me two the other pieces of equipment weren't working. There is a Chili's Restaurant attached to the hotel but because the hotel doesn't have a liquor license, I couldn't carry my glass of wine from the restaurant up to my room.

All in all, I would stay at this location again because the employees were friendly and my room was clean. I would just like to see the exercise equipment maintained a little better.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Timonium, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear suzb_00,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room layout prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium

Been to Holiday Inn Timonium? Share your experiences!