“Nicer now under the new management”

Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel several months ago and thought it was sad to see it going downhill. However, I accidently booked it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. New carpet in the lobby, the young man who checked me in was very nice as was the restaurant staff. My room was VERY nice, much nicer than most of the other places I stay while in Baltimore. It isn’t brand new, but it was clean, (especially the bathroom) and nicely appointed. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 30, 2014

If it's cleanliness, service and a well- managed hotel you seek look elsewhere. Stains on the carpet. Our bed sheets were torn and had permanent stains on them. No batteries in our TV remote control. Bulbs out in the bathroom vanity. Shower curtain with mildew on the bottom. Ew! Cleaning staff is sloppy and take forever to clean the room. Staff with no/poor people skills. Kids running up and down hallways hollering and carrying on and no one pays attention. But you can't blame any of these folks as issues like this are always the responsibility of management. Here, non exists.
Def for the budget- minded traveler with no or low expectations. Never again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank neuronell
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Was there recently for a business meeting and I have to say it is absolutely the WORST hotel I've ever been at for any type meeting. The staff is totally incompetent, front desk gives wrong info to maintenance, maintenance can't fix my sink drain. It took 4 days and they still didn't have it fixed. When I was at the on-site restaurant for the breakfast buffet, the waiter was virtually non-existant, so I asked the manager of the restaurant if he could please get me a glass of water and the response was "You expect ME to get you a glass of water?". Then we had a dinner catered by the hotel and the 4 serving females were very rude, basically threw the plates of terrible food in front of you. I cannot eat chocolate, so when they served me a giant piece of chocolate cake for dessert (we had no choice), I said may I please get something other than chocolate cake because I cannot eat chocolate, the response was "That is what your group paid for, I did serve a bowl of fruit to 2 other people, I'll see if I can scrounge up another bowl of fruit". She never came back, never brought me anything else. I saw her go to one of the other female servers and they both just laughed and shrugged their shoulders and went about their business. Then try to find this place at night--they have plastic signs pulled over the old hotel's name (Crowne Plaza), no lights, and it isn't easy to find. Took several trips up the street late at night to find it. Front desk strikes again-they had my reservation, had my first name incorrect totally with a first name that started with the same first letter, but that is as close as they got, they had no address for me. I gave them all this info over the phone when I made the reservation, which took 3 phone calls to accomplish because of ineptitude. Also, the person who checked me in took my address info again because they didn't have it (after I gave it to them on the phone), and guess what--ineptitude strikes again--when I got my bill, no name correction and no address. Where do they get their help? Photo show a supposed renovated room, but if this room was renovated, I hate to see what the other rooms looked like. No one from my group of ~100 people ate at the restaurant after 1 experience, they all said it was terrible and the service was even worse. And the prices were also slightly outrageous. Please don't ever stay here, sleep in your car and talk to your back seat cup holder, you'll get better responses. I can see why Crowne Plaza dropped this place, it is in terrible shape also.

Room Tip: You want a tip--do not stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ynp-CV
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Service is our business and there is no room on our staff for anyone who is rude to guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while a guest at our hotel. Your experience is contrary to the high level of service we strive to maintain, and of which you have every right to expect. The picture you posted most certainly does show one of our newly renovated rooms. I believe these rooms do reflect the comfort a quality that we strive for. Thank You.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed at the NBP for 2 nights along with several family members who were in the area for a wedding.

First the good:

The hotel room was a good size, modern and updated. I found the staff to be friendly. Lastly, even though I was on a fereeway side room, they must have soundproofed the walls and windows, because I barely noticed any traffic noise.

Now The bad:
Arrived to check in at 4pm on a weekend afternoon and my room was not ready. Have never come to a hotel so late and had to wait for a room to be prepared. And it did not seem like the property was that busy.

Wi Fi in my room did not work. Hanging out with family in a room facing the lobby, their Wi-fi was painfully slow.

The bathroom in my room appeared to be recently redone, except for the shower area which had a considerable amount of mold in several places..

Alarm clock did not work and the clock itself was 1 hour off.

Food at the property was poor.

Several family members had less favorable encounters with the staff, which they felt were "surly".

Rooms in our wing either face the freeway with "light" noise or the enclosed lobby so they got no natural light. The halls and lobby are all dimly lit.

There was only one very slow elevator for our entire wing of the hotel.

All and all the property jusy continued to disappoint repeatedly during the entire stay. I am pretty easy to please but this hotel just never seemed to make an effort to do so, or even deliver on some pretty basic parts of a hotel experience..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I was happy to see you found our rooms to be a good size, modern and updated with friendly staff. I also appreciate you showing us the other areas we can improve. Your candid feedback is of tremendous assistance as we strive to make improvements. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the North Baltimore Plaza Hotel, and provide you the level of service you expect and deserve from our hotel.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel underwent a brand deletion from Crowne Plaza to a renamed North Baltimore Plaza Hotel. The layout is not changed since my last visit but the recent renovations have rejuvenated the hotel. The carpets are new and clean. The hotel is much improved in cleanliness overall. My sleeping room was very well decorated. I really like the modern decor they used here. The room was first class looking and better than some higher brand hotels I have stayed in overnight. Did not eat in the hotel restaurant but it has a nice welcoming appearance. Hotel is real convenient to the beltway. Suggest this hotel for your trips to this area.

Room Tip: East side rooms are away from highway
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for being our guest. I was so happy to see you enjoyed some of the changes we have made. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future so we can show off more improvements as we move forward.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed here last year and had a less than positive experience. Will be trying it again next month and will be interested to see what the loss of the Crowne Plaza branding has done. Hopefully the staff is more friendly and actually will care about the guest experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces outside, not into the lobby/atrium
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Doug R
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity. If there is anything I can do to make your stay a more comfortable one, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I'll update my review after I stay (it's a function - I have no choice) but the changeover in ownership / branding of this hotel (it used to be a Crowne Plaza) must not be going well. I called to make a reservation. First call, seemed okay but I never got an e-mail confirmation. I called back, was put on hold forever by someone at reservations who mumbled and was hard to hear. Hung up and tried again. Finally got someone who said yes, they would e-mail the confirmation. Still don't have it! If it wasn't a function I wouldn't stay here - simply making a reservation shouldn't be this hard and certainly makes me think the guest experience on-site will be awful.

I'm going to call back, ask for the manager, and see if there is any way to wrangle a confirmed in writing reservation out of this place. But wow - it shouldn't be this hard!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank BikeTraveler22
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

I am very sorry for the frustration you experienced by not getting your confirmation email. Our email confirmation system was not working for a short time. It is working now, and we would be happy to send that email confirmation to you immediately if you have not received it already. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!