“Staff Needs Re-Training”

Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our king room was large and clean, BUT: it was 94 degrees in there when we checked in at 9 PM...why they couldn't have turned on the AC is not understandable. I asked for a different type of pillow but was told there were no other types in the hotel, yet the next morning the Manager told me otherwise. The front desk folks gave off the impression that they just didn't give a hoot about their customers. At 7 AM there was no hot water for at least 10 minutes of running the tap. The buffet breakfast was disgusting: bacon swimming in grease, congealed gravy for the biscuits, cold hard scrambled eggs that had sat in the dish for a very long time, decaf coffee needed a special order, dirty silverware, it took 15 minutes to cook two eggs over-easy even though the place was almost empty, our 20-something young waiter who kept calling my 62 year old wife as "sweetie" and "honey". So in summary, this hotel really suffers from a lack of leadership and staff training. In their defense, the manager refunded the price of breakfast and half the room charge but I would have preferred to pay the full prixce and have a more pleasant experience at full price. There are lots of other choices nearby.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, ask for a room away from the side facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ThadZer
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Your comments regarding the service you received at our hotel are very disturbing to us as they certainly do not reflect the quality experience we strive for. I can assure you that we will take immediate steps to ensure other guests do not suffer the issues you experienced. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hotel was nice, staff was friendly, maybe a bit confused, when I checked in they gave me a key card packet with the wrong room number, fortunately that room belonged to my Aunt. I went back and they gave me the correct room number. The hotel was full and very busy due to a lacross tournament in the area so I expected a bit of confusion.
The room was very clean and the decor very nice. The bedding was snow white and the sheets were clean and not wrinkled. I felt safe sleeping in the bed eventhough it was a bit soft and had a dent in the middle as if two people had been sleeping on it and never turned the matress. I expect more from a Crown Plaza matress.
Room service was good, we ordered breakfast which arrived in 30 minutes as stated by the order taker. They forgot one item but quickly brought it up after we called down. The event staff was excellent, they came by several times to make sure we had everything we needed.
We were there for a family reunion and received a group rate so I felt I got my money's worth. I'm sure if our family is back in the area again we will choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room or you'll be sorry.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for letting us know about your stay. We hope to see you, and your family again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Although many have complained I found the hotel to be just fine. Clean room. Front desk was slightly understaffed. Only critique is that the airconditioning was not on in the hallways and it was warm. Overall I thought it was nice and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and your kind review.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I felt the room was spacious and relatively clean and comfortable. The lack of decent air-conditioning through the rest of the build was so very bad. The elevator was like a sauna. The breakfasts were not that great. Most of the time the restaurant was late, opening for breakfast. Also it took forever to get your food. Halfway through my stay they went to a buffet style breakfast and that helped a lot. However one time they opened it a half an hour late. The bar was late opening also. I thought the bed and pillows were very comfy. Plenty of hot water for showers. A couple of the bartenders were great, Jessica and Yonni (Spelling?) took time to provide great service. Check out the Holiday Inn first.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered in our restaurant. I was glad to see you enjoyed our rooms and staff. As you described, I believe the recent upgrades to our breakfast buffet will be a great improvement to our restaurant. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

An absolute dump - noisy, dated, absolute no recognition of value towards a Priority Club member, and a General Manager who could not care less about the business traveler. The "restaurant" offers nothing worth using the toilet for ...
Thanks God there at least a Panera within a mile from this dump.
Save your health well-being and money - sleep in the car or buy a tent :-)

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alonso_13
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I am very sorry if I offended you in any way, and I offer my sincere apologies. I am honestly puzzled as to what I could have done, and I invite you to call me at any time to let me know.

David Marsh - General Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place was so disguisting, tried taking a shower and all black water came out, old pee on the toilet, broke. Glass on the floor, sheets smelled like vomit. Will neve stay at this dump again.Also the service would just walk around the hallways doing nothing. Even the trash cans woukd be overflowin, just disguisting

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank ConnorJJj
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear ConnorJJj,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza - Baltimore North in April. We stayed there because it is near the Timonium Fair Grounds and we were attending a dog show there. They gave a discount for dog show people, so we thought it was a good deal.
Since we had dogs with us, I assume they gave us the oldest and least nice room in the place. If all the rooms were like this, I don't know how they stay in business.
My friend arrived first and they insisted she pay for the room, even though they had my credit card and I was arriving early the next morning. That night she ran the bathtub water and it was rusty. When I arrived, showed my ID and then took the charge off of her card and put it on mine, then I went to the room. The wall paper was coming off the wall, the sheets and blankets didn't look clean. They were a dingy gray!! I always check under things for pills or things my small dog might find. I was shocked at how dirty it was under and in back of the furniture. I don't think things has been cleaned or moved in years. I noticed that we needed more towels and went to the desk to request them. They said they were busy and had a large crowd there and had to wash their own towels. When they were ready they would bring us some. Next day, still no towels. I didn't want housekeeping service because of the dogs in the room, even though they were in crates. I finally went to the desk again and they did finally send the towels and hung them on our door. My friend went to the lobby to get some morning coffee and she was told that would be $2.00. We assumed since it was sitting out with the water with fruit in it, that there was no charge. On Monday the price of the coffe dropped to $1.00?? Even though we travel with dogs, we still like a clean room and good service. The price was reasonable for a Crowne Plaza and it was near to where we wanted, but even those things would never bring us back to this hotel. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor facing the back of the building. It might be an older, not updated...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bette M
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. Your comments were very concerning to me.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your comments so I can be sure to adress them appropriately.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!