Red Lion Hotel North Baltimore
Express Inn(Towson)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsnorthern lightsbusiness centerfitness centershort drivebaltimorefairgrounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2013

An absolute dump - noisy, dated, absolute no recognition of value towards a Priority Club member, and a General Manager who could not care less about the business traveler. The "restaurant" offers nothing worth using the toilet for ...
Thanks God there at least a Panera within a mile from this dump.
Save your health well-being and money - sleep in the car or buy a tent :-)

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alonso_13
David M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I am very sorry if I offended you in any way, and I offer my sincere apologies. I am honestly puzzled as to what I could have done, and I invite you to call me at any time to let me know.

David Marsh - General Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place was so disguisting, tried taking a shower and all black water came out, old pee on the toilet, broke. Glass on the floor, sheets smelled like vomit. Will neve stay at this dump again.Also the service would just walk around the hallways doing nothing. Even the trash cans woukd be overflowin, just disguisting

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank ConnorJJj
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear ConnorJJj,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza - Baltimore North in April. We stayed there because it is near the Timonium Fair Grounds and we were attending a dog show there. They gave a discount for dog show people, so we thought it was a good deal.
Since we had dogs with us, I assume they gave us the oldest and least nice room in the place. If all the rooms were like this, I don't know how they stay in business.
My friend arrived first and they insisted she pay for the room, even though they had my credit card and I was arriving early the next morning. That night she ran the bathtub water and it was rusty. When I arrived, showed my ID and then took the charge off of her card and put it on mine, then I went to the room. The wall paper was coming off the wall, the sheets and blankets didn't look clean. They were a dingy gray!! I always check under things for pills or things my small dog might find. I was shocked at how dirty it was under and in back of the furniture. I don't think things has been cleaned or moved in years. I noticed that we needed more towels and went to the desk to request them. They said they were busy and had a large crowd there and had to wash their own towels. When they were ready they would bring us some. Next day, still no towels. I didn't want housekeeping service because of the dogs in the room, even though they were in crates. I finally went to the desk again and they did finally send the towels and hung them on our door. My friend went to the lobby to get some morning coffee and she was told that would be $2.00. We assumed since it was sitting out with the water with fruit in it, that there was no charge. On Monday the price of the coffe dropped to $1.00?? Even though we travel with dogs, we still like a clean room and good service. The price was reasonable for a Crowne Plaza and it was near to where we wanted, but even those things would never bring us back to this hotel. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor facing the back of the building. It might be an older, not updated area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bette M
David M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. Your comments were very concerning to me.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your comments so I can be sure to adress them appropriately.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a nice well maintained hotel. It is close to everything I need. I stayed during the week for business. It's quiet, clean and well maintained. The hotels in this area are hit and miss. This is one of the good ones in my opinion. The Tiki Bar was open but the weather was drizzly when I was there so I didn't get a chance to sample it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for making our day! I will certainly try to make arrangements to have better weather for your next visit, so you can enjoy the Tiki Bar.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Tiki bar has a pool and tables surrounding the bar. Great service which is hard to find. Only place in the area like it. Something fun for a hotel. Been coming for years and never had a bad time or stay at this hotel. Not often I get to say this. It's so uncommon for a place in this area to have nice added feature. You don't have to be a guest at the hotel to visit the tiki bar or pool either. So you can visit with your friends.

• Stayed: June 2012
David M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for visiting our hotel. We were very excited to open the Tiki Bar yesterday, and it was even better to hear you enjoyed it! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.