“No luxury at crowne plaza”

Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Definitely not worthy of the Crowne name. Rooms old and outdated. Wish I stayed somewhere else...dark hallways. Old furniture. Bathrooms not nice. Wasn't expecting the Ritz but I would compare this with a holiday inn. Actually I was told it used to be one. All they did was change the name and raise the price!

• Stayed: May 2013
kheird, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are currently in the process of renovating our rooms. Unfortunately, it seems that you were in a room that has not been renovated yet. We anticipate all rooms to be completed this summer. I hope you will give us another chance and return to see the improvements.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Mom and I shared the room in turns while one of us was at the hospital with dad. The room was very nice. Stayed in the room facing the lobby, noise was very minimal (as much as I could tell being mentally and physically exhausted)-mom got a salad and cheese pizza from the room service. Salad was good, dressing was odd (spicy honey mustard?), the pepporoni pizza was less than desire able. I found the hospital pizza more appetizing. The crust was crunchy, the pizza body was doughy, and there was 1 pepporoni per slice. Forego the pizza, it's not worth it. In all, I would definitely stay at this hotel again, I would pass on the pizza. Will try something different later (my stay is not yet complete).

Room Tip: Do not hesitate to ask the front desk for help. Mom had a bad room key and the front desk attendant...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

I am happy to see you enjoyed your room. I sincerely apologize for your pizza not being up to par with the rest of the hotel. I hope your dad is recovering nicely, and we will see you again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here again on business. Service was much better than a year ago. Ate dinner & breakfast here. Very good. Still a little pricey & hotel starting to show a little wear. All in all based on reviews that Crowne Plaza is #3 of 3 hotels in Timonium I may try the Holiday Inn on my next business trip.

• Stayed: May 2013
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

I’m glad you were able to see some of the improvements we have made over the past year. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future as we continue to improve. Thank you.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The room was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
We had minor difficulty keeping connected to the Wifi and heard from other members at the convention they had similar problems with the Wifi.

Many of the rooms face inward and this makes the rooms very dark. We turned on our room's hall light when we arrived, but continued to grope in the dark trying to figure out how to light up the room. It would be helpful if the hotel put some type of night light in the inward rooms. Another option for guests is to bring a flashlight.

Room Tip: Bring a flashlight with you
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for informing us of your experiences. We certainly value your input as a convention attendee.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were there for a convention so it might have been a factor. Noisy!! Don't stay in the interior rooms that overlook the lobby. Bring your own pillow. FIRM with no other ones available on request. Food was so so at best.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for informing us of these issues. We do everything in our power to ensure our guests have a restful night's sleep. A change in room location or more pillows will gladly be delivered to you upon request. As for our cuisine, in an effort to provide an appetizing and diverse menu, our items frequently change seasonally to meet the needs of our customers. Thank you once again for your input as we continue to make improvements.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I ate in the restaurant on the morning of my checkout. My servers name was tony and he went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied.I was actually having a bad day and tony talked with me until my food was ready. He is a breath of fresh air for my dining experience. I would definately return.

• Stayed: May 2013
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

It was very kind of you to let us know about your experience with Tony in the restaurant. I’m sure it will make his day when I show him your review. Thank you, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Truthfully the 2-double bed room in the hotel is decently sized and comfortable. But the overall feeling in the public areas of the hotel was that it was outdated.

Pros:
- Room decoration had a nice, comfortable, neutral, updated feel. There were nice touches including a few a large decorative mirrors, warm textured wallpaper, chic lamps, and stylish high headboards.
- The blankets and sheets were nice, soft, and felt clean without being too stiff.
- 38" wide screen flat panel TV
- Outdoor pool and well-equipped & well-lit indoor gym.
- Free hot tea & fruit-infused water in the lobby

Cons:
- The pillows were worn, flabby, and desperately needed to be replaced.
- There was gum stuck to the carpet
- The room was not wide enough to accommodate the pull-out desk and office chair.
- Poor housekeeping & front desk service. Requested additional towels from guest services which never arrived.
- The worst hotel guide/directory i have ever seen. There were no food or shopping suggestions in the neighborhood, and no information on food or pool options in the hotel.
- The sole window in the room was only 1/3 the width of the room. In other words, it was tinier than I've seen in any comparable hotel room I've stayed in, and barely let any natural light in.
- No continental breakfast or restaurant serving hot breakfast on premises.

Conclusion:
This is a good hotel for business or conferences, but definitely not for families and not for recreation or holiday.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelbugNewYork_NY
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Please accept my sincere apology for a less than perfect stay at our hotel. Your input will be valuable as we make improvements. I hope we have the opportunity to give you an amazing experience in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!