New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Not The Best Experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
“Not The Best Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My boyfriend booked a room at the Crowne Plaza to attend an event there and I joined him to make a fun weekend out of it. In most cities I have visited, the Crowne Plaza is considered to be a higher than average hotel so I was excited. When we were getting off the exit we both noticed that a whole side of the hotel faced the highway and hoped we wouldn't get one of those rooms. The first impression was really nice and the atrium style lobby was decorated nicely for Christmas. Check-In was fast and we asked the woman at the front desk if our room faced the highway and she said no. However, it was in fact a room facing the highway and the sound of traffic was very prominent through the window, especially the loud trucks. The room wasn't what I expected from a name like Crowne Plaza. There was aN old style wallpaper that was peeling in quite a few spots and had an ugly border around the top. The bathroom had a granite looking counter top but the tile floor and shower were obviously older. I turned the shower on to make sure the water got hot and as soon as the water hit the back of the tub a brown substance washed down into the tub and extremely grossed me out. From that point on I didn't feel sure that anywhere in the room was actually clean. We decided to have dinner at the restaurant in the hotel called Northern Lights, and the decor was nice there. The girl who seated us was also our waitress but there was also what seemed like a manager helping out. Throughout our entire dinner they both asked us the same questions as the other and didnt seem to grasp that only one of them should continue serving us. It was really annoying to get asked twice for drinks, dinner, refills and the check. Overall it wasnt the worst experience ever and no one gave us bad service, but between the dinner confusion and the seemingly old and unclean room i'd have to say our stay there was unfortunately disappointing.

Room Tip: Make sure its not facing the highway and ask for an updated room if they have any.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emerce10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I checked in late and was really tired. My room was right across from the elevator but I was too tired to ask for another one. It was like being on a freeway. The doors and walls must be paper thin, because you hear every sound of the guests and hotel staff going up and down. I also could not get hot water for a shower. When I complained to the desk, they apologized, telling me they're working on an upgrade, but did nothing. Food in the restaurant was mediocre, at best. The floor was sticky near the continental breakfast. We had meeting there for about 50 participants and the staff was friendly and helpful, but the continental breakfast was old and stale. Stay someplace else!

Room Tip: Don't accept a room near the elevator. Doors are not sound-proofed!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RickyMM
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the noises you heard during your stay with us. I understand that a quiet and peaceful room is a basic expectation of any hotel. I also appreciate your recognition of our friendly and helpful staff. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Baltimore.

David Marsh - General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Timonium hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel made me sick. I am very allergic to cigarette smoke and mold, and my so called non-smoking room with cigarette burns int the carpet had both. After walking through smoke filled hallways, I talked to the less than interested clerk to verify that my room was non-smoking. He advised that it was, as every floor there is half smoking and half non-smoking. What??? Supposedly, this room came with breakfast. However, I never received my coupons after check in. Although, it would not make any difference. You don't get a hot Buffett, only the measly and worst continental breakfast ever. I suppose the owner doesn't want to spend too much money on breakfast, as it consisted of a few stale bagels, a nasty scone, brown bananas, an orange and an apple (only if you get there before 6:30 am, otherwise they run out). Even at 6:30, the Buffett was out of everything, and I couldn't get anyone to get me any cream cheese. The room on the other hand was very spacious and dirty. The duvet cover was brown instead of white. I guess they never clean those. The walls and vents contained legions of dust. Oh wait, you do get a complimentary paper, every other day on your stay. I will never visit a Crowne plaza again. Disgusting!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank K I
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I was certainly concerned to learn you experienced so many issues as a guest at our hotel. You can rest assured that every floor is not half smoking and half non-smoking. We do have one small smoking area to accommodate our smoking guests. The rest of the hotel is completely non-smoking. Your review shows that we failed to meet our own high standards, and I am very sorry for that. Thank you for letting us know.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Upon checking in I expected a decent hotel because the rate was not cheap and the expectation of the crown plaza is nice. Front desk people appeared nice but when questioned about reassurance that our room was truly a non smoking room due to medical allergies they looked me in the eye and lied because they placed us in a room that smelled like a smoke stack...the front desk with an attitude sighed and said "still" we knew it was bad yesterday but thought it was better... Grrr, really!!! Moved us to a dumpy room with a broken light, carpet holes, hair in both beds on sheets, filthy comforters and crap in the toilet as well as toilet paper...plain gross and disgusting!!! Third trip to front desk and attitudes were flying they placed us in their last available room which was definitely decorated nicer but still dirty! Food on nightstand and hair in bathroom floor and sink...blah! Now to the beds, the pillows are made for babies and are Terrible very flat and flimsy! Mattress comfortable though! Went to get a drink and vending machine on our floor was broken! As the evening went on neighbors across the way began smoking and it poured Into our room...when the front desk was called they said it happens but if they can catch the person a fee would be assessed upon their checkout...as I explained who cares my child will end up ill as will I and there was no sympathy or a resolution!!! Do no stay at this hotel you will be disappointed and disgusted!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Hotpinkmom
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and deeply apologize for your negative experience. There is no excuse for the room conditions you encountered and I will be sure to bring them to the attention of our housekeeping staff. We do try very hard to implement a clean air environment. Unfortunately, in this instance someone obviously broke the rules and smoked anyway. Once again, I offer my sincere apologies and hope that you will give us another chance. Please be sure to contact me directly if you decide to stay with us again.

Timonium, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had to travel for work, and this hotel was the closest so that's what I picked first. I must say the renovated rooms are great. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are nice. My only complaint about the rooms would be the shower head is a little low for me. The other different thing is that some of the rooms over look the center lobby area which is huge. Just a little different.

But what really makes staying here great is the staff. I've been fortunate and got to get Juuli at the front desk several times, she is always very helpful and energetic. Danny at the bar is a great bartender, and Margo really takes care of you on the Managers Happy Hour (out at the Tiki Bar) in the summer.

I always stay over in Baltimore for work but when I do I stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms with King Beds only have more room to walk around.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TheScruffypup
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We love to see these wonderful comments! Margo, Danny, and Juuli will be so happy to know you remembered them.
We also love to welcome regular guests back, and we will look forward to seeing you soon!

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

For a recent parents weekend we could not get into our favorite towson hotel and had to book another. For a good price our college connected us to Crown plaza. Upon arriving I noticed that one side of the hotel was on top of a very busy highway. When I checked in I asked the clerk at the desk to give me a room that was not on the highway side because I wanted quiet.
I then said to the clerk "I am sure you know where to put me to get a quiet room better than I would". We went to our room and noticed that not only did she put us next to the elevator but she gave us what would be best called an interior room facing a giant atrium where they held indoor events. The elevator was noisy, people were up late partying in the atrium and I wondered, if this is the best that the clerk could do for a quiet room than the rest of the hotel must be much worse. As a positive note, the bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. Next time I will book earlier at my favorite hotel in towson.

Room Tip: ask for high floor facing out but not on highway side. Not near an elevator>
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank friend123newjersey
kheird, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the disappointing stay you had with us. Although you were kind to point out the cleanliness and comfort of your room, I am distressed that you could not enjoy a restful stay due to the noise from other guests. We strive to control the noise levels in our public space after 10pm and it appears we were not successful during your stay. I recognize that we are not your preferred hotel when in our area, but I hope you will take an opportunity to stay with us again in order that we may provide the environment you expect and deserve.
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

First let me say that the property is HUGE! It seemed to be made specifically for conventions. There was also a pretty good design scheme in my room. The Front Desk staff was really friendly and professional. I'm usually pretty easy about understanding minor mishaps, but when you get a few of them in just a few days you do begin to wonder. The housekeeping staff was really loud in the hallway as they went from room to room, the plumbing is loud, a clogged bathtub (to their credit it was fixed when we returned), and an iron that didn't work -- we couldn't figure out if it was the iron or a particular electrical outlet. We had one of the "inner rooms" so although I liked the scheme, the dark colors made the room even more dark since we had no access to sunlight.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with window access to the outside for sunlight. Also, if you plan to s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments, we truly rely on feedback from our guests to identify our strengths and opportunities for improvement. I am gratified to see that you recognized our Front Desk staff as friendly and professional. I apologize for the mishaps you experienced and most certainly for the loudness of our housekeeping staff. We have shared your concerns with housekeeping leadership and stressed the importance of their behavior and the affect it can have on guest experience. Again, thank you for sharing your input it will be helpful in achieving our goals for guest satisfaction.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
4.0 of 5 stars 185 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
3.0 of 5 stars 69 reviews
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#30 of 61 in Baltimore
4.0 of 5 stars 459 reviews

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!