“Great place to stay”

Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Crown Plaza while she moved into her dorm at Towson. Friendly service from everyone, the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. No complaints at all, I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MinnesotaFarmchick
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

We wish your daughter all the best at college! Thanks for including our hotel in your families move to Towson! Your great endorsement means a lot to each of us…Go Tigers!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at the Crown Plaza because of its value and proximity to the college campus where my daughter was. It served its purpose. It isn't a glamorous property but it was comfortable, clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The pool looks very nice although it's outside so is closed part of the year. The bar and restaurant area is attractive. Its location is fairly close to the colleges, (15 min) and downtown inner harbor Baltimore (20 min) but without the price tag of closer hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your endorsement of us as a good reliable choice. We truely value your business, and your oppinion. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

we stayed for our visit to the Inner Harbor. Very convenient to the Harbor. The room was beautiful, the beds were very comfortable. Everything was clean even the bathrooms. The staff was very helpful in giving us directions and hotel is very easy to find. Would definitely stay again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheila A
kheird, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful. I certainly hope you get to visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in June 2012 with a convention group of over 200 people. When we arrived our rooms was very dirty with human hair all over the tables and the floor oh and in both beds, don't think the room was even cleaned from the previous people. When i asked to speak to the manager the next morning after i had made 3 trips to the front desk from the time we arrived in our room at 7:30 pm or so till I tried to go to bed at 11:00pm. When I spoke to the manager the next morning he basically called me a liar and told me the room was the show room of the hotel and theres no way it could possibly be dirty. He wanted me to take him to our room and show him but it had already been cleaned two times once the even we arrived by a housekeeper and then the next morning I asked housekeeping to come in and make the beds and clean the bathroom floor and tub. It truly was discusting and when i asked for another room there were no rooms available. When i talked with the manager he was very rude and not one time did he apologize or offer me any kind of comp not even a free drink. The hotel management is terrible and the housekeeping people don't even clean the rooms after people stay in them. When i asked the manager to comp me the one night he said no way, We stayed for 6 nights so one night wasn't that big of a deal. There were lots of problems with several people in our group and nobody was happy. I would not ever recommend this hotel to anyone. Very unhappy in Kansas

Room Tip: 4th floor was a designated no smoking floor and people were smoking in the rooms and the management...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lori F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Lori F,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Timonium.

Karen G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was the second time we stayed at this location. I were not pleased the first time, but that was a few years ago and I was willing to give it a 2nd try. What a mistake! The rooms are OK, but there are a couple of obvious problems before you start. Either you have a room facing 83 North and all of the noise that goes with this choice OR you have a room which has a view of the interior of the hotel and you are subject to the lobby noise. Then, there was the problem of the air conditioning. Room 236 was either way too cold or way too warm. The room did have a thermostat, but it is hidden behind curtains for privacy and you must move all of the curtains to get to the thermostat. The next problems was towels each day. The room was cleaned in a timely fashion, but towels were not changed each day until much later in the day when they had new clean and somewhat dry new towels. Many days you would see many persons in the hallway trying to get the maid to give them new towels. In my mind there is no excuse for having this problem on a daily basis. Bottom line, I will never stay here again period.

Room Tip: Start at a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We do value our guests and rely on their comments to help us improve. As a result of comments such as yours our hotel has recently added to our supply of linens to allow us to better serve our guest when we are in a back to back sold out situation as we were during your stay. The facilities director has also been notified regarding the thermostat so it may be repaired. I apologize your stay was not what you expected and we have taken actions to preclude this from happening for future guests.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This place was so bad I'm compelled to write a review. First off, I don't really care about hotel quality usually. I want: a clean room, A/C if it's hot out, heat if it's cold out, and no hassle (e.g. I don't want to change rooms in the middle of my stay). None of these completely reasonable requirements were not met, and there were a host of other problems that normally wouldn't bother me, but since I'm writing this review, I'll mention them. I arrived late without a reservation. I started booking my room and the representative apparently assumed I was only staying for one day. When I mentioned I was staying for more, they said that was a problem because they were booked. Apparently that means that they were out of king rooms and only had queens (which for some reason are much nicer than the kings). So she says she'll put me in a queen, and I enthusiastically and kindly explain that I could care less whether or not I'm in a king or queen, I just want a place to sleep. When we're done booking, she says that for some reason the system still put me in a king. I say, SEVERAL TIMES, that if I need to move to a queen, no big deal, just put me in a queen. "I'll take care of it, don't worry about it," she told me. The kings are old, ugly and musty. Whatever, not a big deal. The next morning I get a checkout notification. So I go down to the front desk and they tell me they don't know what happened, but I'll have to move. Sucks, I specifically offered numerous times to go in a queen the night before, but OK, again not a big deal. I get to my new room and there are party favors on the desk, a dirty towel on the floor in the bathroom, used shampoo/soap in the shower, a balloon on the floor, and some trash around the room. But the beds are made. I feel like it's kinda gross, so I call down and say "hey, the room is dirty, can you ask someone to clean it tomorrow?" "Sure no problem, of course, sorry about that!" I reminded the person at the front desk about this the next morning around 7:00am. I got back tired around 4:00am that next morning after working from 7:30am to 4:00am. Room hasn't been touched. I let the front desk know and put the do not disturb sign up, at this point I'd rather just deal with the dirty room and get on with it. I figured that was a one time thing, but I just checked in again after a few days at another office. I got to the room and use the restroom - the bathroom floor is covered in some kind of super slippery soap or oil or something, and the sink drain doesn't work. I figure it's OK because I already know this hotel sucks and those little things are not a deal breakers for me. Then I try to turn on the A/C and the control panel has been broken off and the unit doen't turn on. I just got into my new room with a working AC and (so far) no problems, and have written this review. The only reason I stay here is because my company's office is down the street and this is where out-of-towners stay. This hotel sucks, don't waste your time or money. I'd rather stay at a cheap motel.

Room Tip: Don't get a king, get a queen, they seem to be newer.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Julius S

Allow me to apologize regarding the turn of events that led you to write your review. I can assure you that we do care about our guest’s experience here at the Crowne Plaza Baltimore. I know I was personally shocked and saddened to see a review titled “Hotel Sucks”. We are committed to providing our guests with better service then you apparently received. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Nice hotel with great service in the restaurant. We arrived late , well past the cut off for the restaurant, they could see we were tired and hungry and kept open just for us. Room were clean, service was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidKnight_12
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Enthusiasim spreads quickly, and I have already shared your review with our restaurant staff. It was great to see everyone want to “wow” the next guest they came in contact with. THANK YOU!

David Marsh - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!