“A place not to stay when there are so many other choices nearby.”

Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Falls Church, VA
“A place not to stay when there are so many other choices nearby.”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was the second time we stayed at this location. I were not pleased the first time, but that was a few years ago and I was willing to give it a 2nd try. What a mistake! The rooms are OK, but there are a couple of obvious problems before you start. Either you have a room facing 83 North and all of the noise that goes with this choice OR you have a room which has a view of the interior of the hotel and you are subject to the lobby noise. Then, there was the problem of the air conditioning. Room 236 was either way too cold or way too warm. The room did have a thermostat, but it is hidden behind curtains for privacy and you must move all of the curtains to get to the thermostat. The next problems was towels each day. The room was cleaned in a timely fashion, but towels were not changed each day until much later in the day when they had new clean and somewhat dry new towels. Many days you would see many persons in the hallway trying to get the maid to give them new towels. In my mind there is no excuse for having this problem on a daily basis. Bottom line, I will never stay here again period.

Room Tip: Start at a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We do value our guests and rely on their comments to help us improve. As a result of comments such as yours our hotel has recently added to our supply of linens to allow us to better serve our guest when we are in a back to back sold out situation as we were during your stay. The facilities director has also been notified regarding the thermostat so it may be repaired. I apologize your stay was not what you expected and we have taken actions to preclude this from happening for future guests.

David Marsh - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This place was so bad I'm compelled to write a review. First off, I don't really care about hotel quality usually. I want: a clean room, A/C if it's hot out, heat if it's cold out, and no hassle (e.g. I don't want to change rooms in the middle of my stay). None of these completely reasonable requirements were not met, and there were a host of other problems that normally wouldn't bother me, but since I'm writing this review, I'll mention them. I arrived late without a reservation. I started booking my room and the representative apparently assumed I was only staying for one day. When I mentioned I was staying for more, they said that was a problem because they were booked. Apparently that means that they were out of king rooms and only had queens (which for some reason are much nicer than the kings). So she says she'll put me in a queen, and I enthusiastically and kindly explain that I could care less whether or not I'm in a king or queen, I just want a place to sleep. When we're done booking, she says that for some reason the system still put me in a king. I say, SEVERAL TIMES, that if I need to move to a queen, no big deal, just put me in a queen. "I'll take care of it, don't worry about it," she told me. The kings are old, ugly and musty. Whatever, not a big deal. The next morning I get a checkout notification. So I go down to the front desk and they tell me they don't know what happened, but I'll have to move. Sucks, I specifically offered numerous times to go in a queen the night before, but OK, again not a big deal. I get to my new room and there are party favors on the desk, a dirty towel on the floor in the bathroom, used shampoo/soap in the shower, a balloon on the floor, and some trash around the room. But the beds are made. I feel like it's kinda gross, so I call down and say "hey, the room is dirty, can you ask someone to clean it tomorrow?" "Sure no problem, of course, sorry about that!" I reminded the person at the front desk about this the next morning around 7:00am. I got back tired around 4:00am that next morning after working from 7:30am to 4:00am. Room hasn't been touched. I let the front desk know and put the do not disturb sign up, at this point I'd rather just deal with the dirty room and get on with it. I figured that was a one time thing, but I just checked in again after a few days at another office. I got to the room and use the restroom - the bathroom floor is covered in some kind of super slippery soap or oil or something, and the sink drain doesn't work. I figure it's OK because I already know this hotel sucks and those little things are not a deal breakers for me. Then I try to turn on the A/C and the control panel has been broken off and the unit doen't turn on. I just got into my new room with a working AC and (so far) no problems, and have written this review. The only reason I stay here is because my company's office is down the street and this is where out-of-towners stay. This hotel sucks, don't waste your time or money. I'd rather stay at a cheap motel.

Room Tip: Don't get a king, get a queen, they seem to be newer.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Julius S
Allow me to apologize regarding the turn of events that led you to write your review. I can assure you that we do care about our guest’s experience here at the Crowne Plaza Baltimore. I know I was personally shocked and saddened to see a review titled “Hotel Sucks”. We are committed to providing our guests with better service then you apparently received. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

David Marsh - General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Timonium hotels

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Nice hotel with great service in the restaurant. We arrived late , well past the cut off for the restaurant, they could see we were tired and hungry and kept open just for us. Room were clean, service was good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidKnight_12
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Enthusiasim spreads quickly, and I have already shared your review with our restaurant staff. It was great to see everyone want to “wow” the next guest they came in contact with. THANK YOU!

long island
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed here when my son was competing in a swim meet in this area. This was the hotel selected by the team and they negotiated a group rate. I actually stayed there two separate nights in two different rooms. The lobby is dated looking. there is a smallish outdoor pool. Both rooms were dark and smelled musty when we walked in because the A/C was off. The first room had uncomfortable beds and the sheets were stained and pilled - Yuk!!! The second room had better beds and new sheets but they were somewhat rough. The towels were a mix of newish and dingy. To be fair the rooms were somewhat updated (more so than the lobby) with flat screen TVs and granite counter tops in the bath but the room did not have a fresh clean look or smell. My son ate breakfast in the lobby restaurant and said it was OK but service was slow. The second night I stayed there was a power failure in the morning. There was no emergency lighting in the room - good thing it was daytime and I was able to open the curains to get some light - this was not the case with the hallways and staircases which were dark with no emergency lighting - I am sure this a code violation.

This place is located in an industrial area - not too much around other than a gas station with a convenience store. I do not know if there are any other options in this area but I would check before I stayed at this place again.

Room Tip: Check the beds before you accept the room that they give you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank petunia1
We rely on our guests to inform us when the experience they expected did not meet their expectations. Our hotel is currently going through a transition, and is in the process of being refreshed in many areas. We have recently completed 100 sleeping rooms with all new bedding, furniture, carpeting and flat screen TVs. The remaining rooms are scheduled to be done in the near future. Changes are being made and I hope you will come back after our renovation and give us the chance to provide you the guest experience you expect and deserve.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

At one time this was probably very nice. The years have been hard on it. Old out dated, dark musty rooms and halls. I would pick another place if I were to go back to the area.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for your comments. Our hotel opened for service in 1986, and I joined this team 21 years ago. I am happy to say our guest rooms are getting the best refresh we have ever seen. We are just completing the first cycle of our guest rooms with new furniture, bedding, carpet and flat screen TVs. The rest of our rooms are scheduled to be done in the near future. Our corridors will be receiving new carpet soon as well. Comments such as yours can only help us grow and change to better serve our guests. I hope if you are in the area again you will give us a second look.

PA
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This too is my first hotel review. I booked this room because of the quality that Crowne Plaza usually represents. Not true in this case. The room was old and poorly maintained. The maid serve was almost nonexistent. Staff (other than the restaurant staff) and lack-luster. When I arrived, kids were literally running around unsupervised screaming in the lobby (using it as a playground). The building had old musky odors. Back hotel door was supposed to be accessible only by room key, but it just pulled open allowing for significant security issues. Only positive - air conditioning worked well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I certainly do apologize that you did not find your room up to our own standards. Fortunately, we are in the process of updating all of our rooms and public spaces, and we expect the entire hotel to be completed in the near future. I do understand how frustrating it can be to have alot of families with children staying in the hotel, as we did this past weekend. We worked with the parents to supervise the kids, but we know now that we will have to work even harder in the future. Thank you for your feedback, and we will do our best to improve ourselves.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza 7/10/12- Baltimore North for its proximity to my meeting. When I checked in I got to the room to find neither of the keys provided worked; I returned to the front desk assuming they needed to be re-programmed and instead was given a new room. I did not question this but later in the evening I believe they might have forgotten that they re-assigned my room and someone tried entering later that evening (thankfully I had the dead bolt on). A bit unsettling, however, more so, is that when I checked out the next day I left with a number of bites all over my legs (knees down). I can only hope that this is not a case of bed bugs and have not been able to shake my unsettling stay at the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Allison L
David M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
We do take any reports of bed bugs very seriously. After seeing your comments, I immediately contacted a professional pest control company to check room 434 for pests. Fortunately, there we no bed bugs found, and no sign of any pests whatsoever. I hope that settles settle your nerves about this a bit.
I was also sorry to learn your keys did not immediately work for your room. In a situation like yours, it is our policy to switch your room, so that you do not have to wait for maintenance to fix the lock on your door. I do see where your room was moved in our computer, so it appears the knock at your door may have been a coincidence. Thanks for letting us know about your experiences.

David Marsh - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!