Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Timonium
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed one night here. The location was excellent - close to Baltimore and just off the expressway. We had a very nice room, well appointed and spotless. The hotel staff was helpful and courteous. Room service was very efficent, dlivering a full course dinner in less than 30 mins and the food was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank umberto7
davidmarsh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Thank you so much! Service is our business, and our service staff will LOVE to hear your kind words.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Good hotel for groups. VERY Large area in the lobby to gather. Rooms clean. Requested hairdryer and towels which were not in the room and all was fine.

Room Tip: Book early as we had to go with a smoking room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank tedj4
davidmarsh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. A lot of guests enjoy our lobby area, and there is certainly no shortage of space! We value the business from groups, but recognize the importance of each individual traveling with them. I apologize that it was necessary to request towels and a hair dryer; this is not a normal oversight for us. Thank you too for acknowledging our clean rooms, we know this is key to satisfying our guests.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

I'm not a fan of this hotel only because of its catering staff. I have been going for three years and each time, the staff makes an enormous effort to irk me. The rooms are nice and general staff are accommodating. Older venue.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
kheird, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write. I am delighted that you find our overall staff accommodating. I would truly like to know more about your experiences with our catering staff so that we can address the issue. Please feel free to contact me with any additional input. I hope you are returning to visit again this year.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed in hotel the last weekend of October.

The room was clean, and fresh towels were furnished daily. A couple of minor points to bring out.

First, both treadmills in the fitness room were out of service that weekend. When I stayed at that property earlier this year in August, one was out of service, and the second one went down as I was using it. Perhaps consideration should be given to replace both units.

Second, no brunch was available on Sunday. It was explained to me due to the low occupancy that weekend, that it was not being offered. A disappointment due to the fact that the offerings are quite adequate at a very reasonable price (especially for a restaurant on the hotel property) I believe in August the price which included coffee was $10.95.

Third, and I intend to follow up on this, I noticed that an organization called Great Scale Train Show conducts exhibits about 4 times a year at the Maryland State Fairgrounds, a short walk from this property. When one goes to their website and goes to their show dates and places page and clicks on the link "lodging, this property appears with an $89.00 rate double . When I inquired about this at the front desk, the counterperson knew nothing about it.
I've noticed that the general manager of this property, Dave Marsh has made comments responding to some of the unfavorable evaluations that have appeared on these posts, and if he is indeed continuing reading these, his response to this would greatly be appreciated.

Nice touch having the lemon/lime water coolers at the entranceway. Internet access is still free, also a nice amenity, but only two terminals are available on a first come first serve basis
and I have noticed that when this property hosts a family gathering, the youngsters do tend to monopolize its usage. Perhaps consideration should be given to somehow place a time restriction on its usage by an individual.

Whenever I am in Baltimore, I stay at this property, and the one time I was disappointed (this past August), I was "comped" two free breakfasts which demonstrated to me that this property does care about their guests, and do offer something of value in an effort to mitigate one's disappointments. Mr. Marsh, I'll be back next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank spartin71

Yes, I most certainly do read our reviews and it would be my pleasure to respond!

About the treadmills, Nautilus Fitness has closed their commercial equipment line. We are in the process of switching to a new vendor for our fitness center equipment.

I am so sorry that you were disappointed that brunch was unavailable during your recent stay. The buffet is available most days, except days where our occupancy is unusually low. I hope the a la carte menu presented a reasonable alternative.

I was surprised to learn that we are still listed on the Great Scale Train Show website as they have not had an arrangement with us for over a year. We will contact them to update their site so that others are not confused by the misinformation.

Thank you for noticing our efforts to provide a nice welcome by offering the refreshing beverages upon arrival, and we certainly look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed October 21, 2011

First the toilet was clogged. Try to flush it a couple of times, until it was almost overflowing, called the front desk, they sent someone right away just to tell me that :the toilet was fine: it was not clogged anymore, but still slow. Found a piece of hair hanging from the soap dispenser in the shower: gross. One towel was OK, another was so grey and with stains on it, simply disgusting. The linens (especially pillow cases) looked worn. Not a nice place to stay, I guess it wasn't very expensive, but I will definitely not stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kapharios

I am distressed to read about the issues you experienced while you were our guest. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I understand that finding a hair in the shower is disturbing. Our housekeeping staff is consistently coached on the importance of details such as this. I am happy to report that since your stay have restocked both the linens and the towels with brand new purchases. I am sorry your stay was disappointing, and hope you will reconsider staying with us again. I would welcome the opportunity for you to experience the quality I am confident we can deliver and you certainly deserve.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

This is by far, one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed in. We travel A LOT! We only stayed here because of being part of a wedding party. We had 3 rooms. They were supposed to be side-by-side- and all were supposed to have 2 queen beds and a fridge and microwave. What we were given when we arrived was 2 queen rooms and one king room- which left us short a bed. (they brought a roll away and then had the nerve to charge us for it!) NONE of the rooms had a fridge or microwave - which was not good since babies were in 2 of the rooms. Having the rooms on different floors was a nightmare- especially with the "element" that was staying there- and with the horrible wait times for the elevators. We were unable to allow our teen-agers to walk alone in the hallways because of the horrible guests that were staying there. We felt unsafe the entire time. The housekeeping staff did not speak english and were not equipped with translation sheets. They handed out WET towels- and ALL, I repeat ALL of the linens in every single room had stains all over there and were dingy. Even our shower curtain had huge pink stains all over it. All of the furniture was old and falling apart. All three tv's were from the 1990's and were small- and ours had static all over it so we could barely see a picture on it. The internet was free but was spotty and very slow and you got kicked off non-stop. There were no microwaves available to heat things up- unless you wanted to rent one for a high amount of money. The vending machines sell microwave popcorn- yet you can't cook it! The front desk staff was the worst I have encountered in years. They did not care that our rooms were not what we booked- they basically didn't care about anything except talking to their friends, texting, and eating. They were not the least bit interested in helping anyone. The pool is outside- therefore not open during the winter. It seemed clean. There are not enough elevators for the amount of rooms that they have. One time we waited 15 minutes for one to come upstairs. They do not work properly and keep going back and forth between floors instead of going to the lobby and then back up. Lots of trashy acting people were staying there the entire time. When one horrible group left another horrible group would come in. This place was gross. I cannot stress this enough- find somewhere else to stay. I didn't want to touch anything in our room. The only thing new in our rooms were the mattresses- which were not very comfortable- and the granite counter-tops in the bathroom. Oh and there are NO towel hooks anywhere. We had to put all of our wet towels on our luggage. It doesn't matter if you get a good rate here it is not worth the nightmare. Oh and we continued to get locked out of the hotel because the key cards wouldn't work. We had to get 5 different cards-(and no, it wasn't because they were demagnitized from our cellphones- it is because their equiptment is old and outdated and doens't work.) and then one night everyone got locked out of the back door. The staff could care less that things aren't working. Take your money and your business somewhere else. HORRIBLE. Oh and two of our tubs leaked and ran non-stop. 2 of our toilets ran. Our sink stopper wouldn't work so it was a nightmare to wash bottles. This hotel claims to be affilated with Holiday Inn- but it is not their standard- it is a privately owned hotel. HORRIBLE!!!!!! Soo gross. WE would have left but felt like we had to stay due to being there for the wedding. Run- run away. Find another place to stay. HORRIBLE. (as for the reception that was held in one of the ballrooms- it was perfect and went off without a hitch- but iit didn't really have anything to do with the hotel rooms and nastiness that I spoke of above.) Oh and did I mention that the mother of the groom was beyond horrified that we were all "forced" to stay there! She went around apologizing to everyone. She wanted everyone to stay at a different hotel - but the bride wanted everyone in the same hotel where the reception was. I am sure she was probably shown a nice room when they went on the hotel room. She wasn't shown any of the 4 rooms that I saw while there- all of which were gross. Yuck. Seriously- I cannot say enough bad things about this place. AS for how much our family travels......we are in hotels approximately 10-20 weeks out of the year. I have a lot to compare it to. Please take your money elsewhere- there are TONS of hotels in the area- go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank HotelsRmyLife
davidmarsh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

I was quite disturbed and embarrassed to read about all of the problems associated with your stay at our hotel. It sounds like everything that could have gone wrong did. I am not sure when you stayed or what group you where with, but I can assure you that this does not sound like a typical experience in our hotel. Your comments have been shared with managers of the departments involved to find out how such a negative experience could have occurred here.
I feel that I should also take a moment to defend our other valued guests. I would in no way call any of them “horrible” or “trashy acting”.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!! Wedding event with over 240 guests, many staying here. The planning and execution by the staff was exceptional, from the hall preparation to the handling of the gift bags for our guest staying in the hotel. The food was all done to perfection, our compliments to the chef. Reception ended at 930PM, bar in lobby open until 1AM. Quiet revelry in atrium until early morning hours. Room was clean and quite nice. If your looking for a venue to have an event, do yourself a favor and talk to them.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank GWL50
davidmarsh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

We are so appreciative of your comments. I will certainly share them with Julia, our wedding coordinator. It is guests like yourselves that make everything we do worth while. Thank you for sharing your experience.

David Marsh - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
4 mi away
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel

Been to Radisson Hotel North Baltimore? Share your experiences!