“Owner operated and it shows!”
Review of Yamato Sushi

Yamato Sushi
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Timonium
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My family dines here or gets carryout at least twice a month. The quality of the sushi is consistently excellent and there is a huge creative selection of rolls as well as a menu offering of other dishes including a pad thai that my wife says is the best she's ever had. Never had a bad meal here! It's BYOB so you can enjoy your favorite beverage (there is a liquor store three doors down) making your dining dollar go much further. Mr. Danny and his wife Shelly are always there greeting customers, preparing your food and working like crazy to ensure high quality food and fast personal service. I enjoy eating here and I'm happy to support a great local business run by such hard working and dedicated professionals. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This is the place to go for good fresh sushi! I found this gem 5 years ago while working in the area and I keep coming back for the food!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Located in a strip mall, this non imposing little sushi restaurant really sets out to please. Many regulars were greeted by name. Busy even on a Saturday afternoon, I am afraid Yamato has been discovered. As a non expert, this place had all the sushi I desired. And they comp A nice orange and fortune cookies (?) after your meal. If you like sushi, you will probably like this place!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you're looking for atmosphere go to Japan. If you're looking for the best sushi, most accommodating chefs and access to Baltimore county this is your place. Creativity, cleanliness, and service are hallmarks of Yamato. One of my family's favorites time after time!!! Oh and it's BYOB.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We regularly stop in at Yamato Sushi on our way from DC to central PA for sinner. The staff is friendly and the restaurant is quaint, a long thin space with a sushi bar at the back. The quality of their sushi is beyond what I can get back home. They serve all the normal Japanese fair including desserts. I especially enjoyed their rice dough ice cream. A great way to order is to get a huge sushi platter and share. It costs less per bite and gives you huge variety.