“We plan to return in the Fall!”

Harrison's Chesapeake House
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Tilghman
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Solomons
“We plan to return in the Fall!”
Reviewed August 11, 2009

As Worthy Matron of Marlboro Chapter No. 61, I planned a summer activity for our officers, members, and guests. We organized a dinner/cruise from the Western Shore to the Eastern Shore with dinner at Harrisons. From the moment all 32 of us walked through the doors, we were greeted warmly and with genuine smiles. Our servers were most attentive, timely, and just wanted to be assured that we had everything we needed to enjoy our deliciously fabulous dinners including all the homemade desserts. It was such a delightful experience that some of the officers were already planning to coordinate a return trip in the Fall. Now the questions remains, by "sea" or by "land" - either way, we plan to make a return visit. We shall look forward to the oyster extravaganza!

Maryland
“Real eastern shore food.”
Reviewed June 14, 2009

It had been years since we ate at Harrison's, but on a recent drive to St.Michael we thought we would try and see if they had changed. Well, change the did, but only for the better. We we just in time for the all you can eat mostly seafood buffet. The crab cakes were lump, and had hardly any filler, softIcrabs were out of this world and the corn pudding.............lets just say I made a pig of myself. This is true Eastern shore country cooking. I will be back, but this time I won't wait so long.

1 Thank Katwel
Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Earl" on the Eastern Shore”
Reviewed September 2, 2008

After a lovely little nibble at the Bay Hundred, we ventured to Tilghman Island. We'd spent time there before, but had never eaten at any of the local restaurants. After a day of sun and water, we stopped at the Chesapeake House as it had been recommended to us. We thought the exterior was extremely delapidated, but we tried not to judge by the cover and hoped for a charming interior. We were too optmistic. Run down chairs from the 50's, peeling paint. We headed for the main restaurant, but we felt uncomfortable staying since the elderly group of diners we passed on their way out were the only other customers for the inside restaurant. We chanced a peek at the outside venue since that seemed to be the happening place. We were promptly greeted by an chuncky bouncer sitting on barstool smoking a ciggy in the doorway. The bouncer greeted us by barring the doorway with his arm and his leg and the welcoming salutation of "Five Dollars". Beyond his extended arm and leg we could see a beautiful bay choked by a perimenter of cutoffs, tank tops, dangling cigarettes and beer cans everywhere. We thanked Chunky the bouncer and turned tail for civilization.

1 Thank SerendipitousTourist
Ellicott City, Maryland
“WOW, why eat in St. Michaels?”
Reviewed July 21, 2008

My husband and I went to St. Michaels for a short weekend get away. We were very nervous about where to eat because of all the bad reviews! We decided to skip St. Michaels' restaurants all together and try a place down the road in Tilghman Island.

When we entered the restaurant behind a group of 6, we were all confused as to where to wait for the hostess. After figuring out where to be, we were seated in a large room with about 16 tables. Unfortuately, the hostess was seating people all together, as close as possible. It was unneccessary for us to feel cramped since the entire restaurant (two rooms - 40 tables) never had more than 14 tables of guests at any one time.

Soon after being seated, the table of 4 beside us, got up and complained that they had been waiting 20 minutes and no one had come to even take their drink order. The hostess pointed to a waitress and said across the dining room, "there is your waitress, right there. She's busy". I laughed. The group of 4 stormed out.

My waitress later told me that the hostess has been at the restaurant for 20 years. You would think that after 20 years, the hostess would have learned how to diffuse such a situation quickly and quietly. Truth is, she is just not that smart. There is a lot of that on the Eastern Shore.

Our waitress seemed quite embarrased by the whole ordeal. She was quite attentive all night long. Our glasses were never empty and she was always close by. In fact, she was one of the best waitresses we have ever had.

Harrison's offers a variety of seafood, chicken and steak. Their specialty is crabs and fried chicken. My husband and I ordered the all you can eat special for 24.99 pp. (weekend price). We got all you can eat crabs, fried chicken, ff, and corn on the cob.

LET ME TELL YOU. THE CRABS WERE THE BEST I HAVE EVER EATEN. THE CHICKEN WAS TO DIE FOR. I ate so much I wanted to puck. I can't say enough about the food I got at this restaurant!

When we got up the next morning, we overheard someone at breakfast talking about the Crab Claw restaurant in St. Michaels'.
They had gone to the Crab Claw for dinner and were told that they were out of crabs. How could a crab restaurant on the bay be out of crabs on a Saturday night????

Skip the tourst traps in St. Michaels. Visit Harrisons. You'll like the food.

3 Thank HolmesHolmes
New York, NY
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed July 21, 2006

My family and I recently spent our summer vacation at the Easterrn Shore. We actually ate at this restaurant twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. The have a nice children's menu and are very family friendly, which is great since we have two kids. Our service at lunch was very speedy, partly since it was early and we were the first ones there. The waitress was very nice and our food was excellent. I had the crabcake sandwich and my husband had the crab chowder, both of which were excellent. Thd kids enjoyed the fried clams. The restaurant overlooks the harbor and has indoor and outdoor seating. It is a very casual place and caters to locals as well as out of towners. The decor is not glamourous, but the restaurant seemed clean and well stocked in the bathrooms. We returned on a Friday, when it was much busier. They have their big buffet that night (we did not order that). We sat outside (it was a gorgeous evening) and ordered the steamed crabs. At this point Harrison House is about the only place on Tighlman that serves a good old fashion crab feast. They covered the table with the brown paper and brought the crabs out. They were delicious. Not bad in price. We ordered a dozen and that fed three adults very well and ran us about $40. We had a different waitress who was very attentive, though she was very busy that evening. I also ordered the corn chowder which was excellent. Sitting on the back porch enjoying the crabs was the perfect Maryland experience. If you are ever on Tighlman, give Harrison House a try.

4 Thank Caseyestrella