“Awesome Location for Tranquility”

Black Walnut Point Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Tilghman B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed for two nights after planning a trip to St. Michaels and finding this website online. We were so glad we ended up at the Black Walnut Point Inn. We stayed in a cabin with wonderful views, waking up to the sunrise. The property is surrounded by water and we were able to relax and enjoy the sunset over the Chesapeake while sharing a hammock. It was a quick trip to St. Michales for dinner one night. We feel blessed to have found this B&B and will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We stayed in Yew Tree cabin and loved the views. We spent a lot of time sitting in the rockers on t...

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary weekend in Md. We had a rocky start to our vacation but once we finally arrived to Black Walnut Point Inn we were in heaven. We arrived at 5am so I stayed awake to watch the sunrise (highly recommended). We rented a cabin and I am glad we did. It was worth the extra money and would do it again in a minute. Everyone we met...staff and guests were amazing! Tilghman Island is slow paced and a wonderful place to kick back and relax. We loved every minute of our time here.

Room Tip: Go with a cabin!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeanJ69
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed in the Red Cedar cabin - comfortable, good AC, plenty of hot water, comfy bed. The pool is the reason we chose Black Walnut Point Inn, and we weren't disappointed - clean, large pool and plenty of poolside seating. Our hosts and the ladies who made breakfast could not have been nicer. We plan to return.

Room Tip: The Inn offers rooms in the main house, and separate cabins on the property. I think that only the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I spent 3 nights (Mon-Wed) at the Inn during a much needed "me time" trip. The view is amazing and the surroundings are very peaceful......with the exception of construction that had just begun to make some much needed repairs to the stone wall surrounding the property. The house and rooms could use a bit of updating. I stayed in the attic hideaway which, while a bit small, was the perfect size for me. The breakfasts were made to order by Mrs. Virginia and Peggy and were delicious! The hosts, Tracy and Bob, were fun, down to earth gentlemen and it was a pleasure getting acquainted with them. I will definitely return, Lord willing, as my trip did wonders for my soul and it was just what I needed. A special thanks to Tracy who made it possible for me to make my trip......what a great guy!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We spent 2 nights in this location and setting of this B&B is outstanding. The views and peacefulness are wonderful. The inn however needs some updating. The house is showing it’s age and could greatly use a face lift. While the pool is in good shape, my wife and I had hoped to use the hot tub. It was not available and appeared to also to be in need of repair. The breakfast were nothing more than ordinary. For what we were paying I would have expected that a refresh of our room would be standard but we were questioned on if we needed the room to be refreshed, and if we wanted clean towels. The last point I would make is that while Bob and Tracy seem like fine individuals but the most we interacted with them was during check-in and check-out.

1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Bob and Tracy were friendly and gracious hosts. They made us feel very welcome. The cabin was clean and comfortable. The Inn has water access for kayaks, which we could not find anywhere else on Tilghman Island without a hefty price. We also enjoyed the pool and the quiet surroundings. The landscape is beautiful and natural. Breakfast was delicious and we were provided with many options. Although pricey, I highly recommend the Black Walnut Point Inn.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great place, great views, great owners, and I can't wait to go back. This was my second stay and had a great time. I was able to fish and caught many different kids if fish and a couple of stingrays as well. The birds are everywhere from blue herons, ospreys, and eagles.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilghman
Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
#3 of 4 in St. Michaels
Chesapeake House Tilghman Island
Knapp's Narrows Marina & Inn
Wades Point Inn on the Bay

Been to Black Walnut Point Inn? Share your experiences!