“Use Cash!”

Takoma Bistro
Washington, DC
“Use Cash!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Server #52 charged my debit card for my friend's meal with tip after she paid cash for both. Check your bank statements carefully, better yet, pay cash.

• Visited June 2013

Hyattsville, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Service”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've read other reviews and understand more about my experience the two times I have visited Takoma Bistro. The service was poor on both occasions. Patrons are not greeted when they arrive and you are treated like more of an inconvenience. Other reviews have pointed out that the wait and counter staff tend to be young and inexperienced. This is probably a training issue, but it's not really an excuse. There were only three customers in the place, so they can't blame it on volume. It doesn't make me want to frequent an establishment where I don't feel welcome. Hopefully, this will improve.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank D R
shepherdstown wv
“Local flavor goes all out!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I decided to expand my Takoma Park experience, and stopped in the other night. I wasn't disappointed. Although very busy on a Friday night, I was seated promptly, and the wait staff was attentive.The wine list was innovative, the menu varied, and sitting in front of the dessert counter was a mistake!! I had to have the onion soup, my holy grail of restaurant ratings, and it was superb! I almost had a second bowl, but opted for the burger, which is my other means of evaluating a restaurant. It, too, was excellent, arriving medium rare as requested. I will definitely go back to sample more of the varied menu, which includes traditional, mediterranean, and some French, but mostly for a bowl of that wonderful onion soup!

• Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful dining room, cafe dining outside, tempting bakery.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Takoma Park's jewel. This place is busy all the time, proof that the community has been starved for Class A restaurants for a very long time. Sure, the homey, funky vibe feel comfortable, but admit it, the lack of restaurants that are innovative is tiresome. Takoma Bistro changes all that. Well trained staff and visually appealing and delicious selections. Go every week! They work hard and deserve a chance.

• Visited November 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Birchermuesli very good!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stopped in yesterday with niece to do take out. Ordered 3 orders of birchermuesli to go. Very tasty! Large container with muesli, yogurt, apples, cantaloupe, walnuts, strawberries, etc. Not too sweet, not too tart. $7/each. Will go back for this.

• Visited December 2012