“complete hell hole!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Takoma Park
Georgia
“complete hell hole!”
Reviewed February 17, 2009

DO NOT stay here unless you are into prostitution or smoking crack! What a dump! Pillow cases were covered with nasty oily stains, the tub had burn marks all over it, bedspread was covered with hair. Spent an anxious night worrying about the safety of our car and listening to the 'ho' downstairs turning her tricks. Spotted empty crack bags in the stairwell as we were running for our car to escape! Should have realized this place was no good when the front desk person was standing behind a bulletproof shield!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank njtravellers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
North Carolina
Reviewed October 29, 2008

I stayed one night at this hotel because of its price. When I woke up in the morning I discovered my car had been broken into. Not only did they stole my radio and my GPS, but they also wrecked the car completely. They broke the windshield and one of the headlights. They even peed on my documents.The staff was completely indifferent to my situation. This place should not be in business.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — My car was vandalized
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank colombianpride
traveler
Reviewed April 18, 2008

IM NOT GOING TO GET TOO INTO DETAILED BECAUSE MY COMPUTE KEEPS SHUTTING OFF BUT ALL THE REVIEWS BELOW ARE TRUE

""IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE HOTEL ENTRAPMENT BOOK HERE FAST LOL""
this hotel is not worth more than 50 dollars

disgusting food everywhere in hall ways after i told the front desk hekicked to the corner

the next morning after i woke up i pulled the covers back and someones undies fell to the floor

the hotel is nasty and hazardous

a couple dayswent by i had i2 itchy bumps on both of my elbows both arms the exact spoti guess something i leaned on

now i am here once again hoping for a better room but not at all and they wont even give a refund i was not in room for 5 minutes

DONT VISIT THIS HOTEL TRUST ME AND ALL THE OTHER REVIEWS

• Liked — i hop across the street
  • Disliked — everything to do with the hotel
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
6 Thank nohighexpectations
Takoma Park
Reviewed April 16, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night because our electricity went out in our home. We rented a jacuzzi suite which from the title we thought was going to be a decent room. This was the worst night I have ever had in a hotel/motel in my life. The bed was dirty, the pillows were dirty, and the jacuzzi only half worked. When we told the front desk they said they didn't have any more pillows or rooms left. So we asked for our money back. We couldn't get that. We asked for the return policy, they didn't have one. We asked for the manager which the cleark called, the manager gave him no direction and told the clerk to not call him back. The clerk said the manager would be there in the morning. We stayed the one night and when we checked out the manager was not there. We were told to come back or call later. Well, I called the manager and well he was no better help at all. If you stay here, you will be risking your own health an well-being because what ever we could see with our eyes as far as the dirt and dingyness, I'm sure there were much worst things lying around that we could not see. I did take photos I will be adding them later.

• Liked — I liked that is was right down the street from my home and has a pool.
  • Disliked — Staff (Clerks & Manager), Room, Jacuzzi, Bed
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nik4life
florida
Reviewed July 12, 2007

Well, we got to the hotel and there were a lot of people outside of the hotel. When we got in our room, the sheets were worn out with stains on them. One of them had something on it..who knows what it was. Also, one of the blankets had a cigarette burn in it. When we walked in the bathroom, there were 3 hairs in the tub, a hair on the sink, and one on the floor. It was disgusting. We went to turn on the t.v., but the remote did not work, and none of the ice machines worked. It was a nightmare.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank walter26
Boston
Reviewed February 26, 2007

I stayed just for a one night but wasn't pleasant at all. There is a lot of starange people around hotel. Next I couldn't sleep couse awful noise of large group of people outside woke me up at 4 am. And last but least accidently I fogot one of my things at room and even I asked a the same day, it couldn't be found. I don't get it, shouldn't hotel care about that at least a lil bit. I didn't asked about that week after but right away- WHERE did that go? I should say that really upset be, that lost thing was a precious gift for me. I don't recomend staying at that hotel to anyone- especially families with kids.

• Liked — nothin
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank edi6
Washington, DC
Reviewed January 11, 2007

I found highly irritant dusts/aerosols in (3) three Rooms and grafitti in one of them. Manager just brushed off my concerns of atypical (not related to cleaning) aerosols. I am a scientist in Nanotechnology - these aerosols ARE harmful for frequent guests AND, especially, the cleaning crew.

Stayed January 2007
Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel
#9 of 12 in Silver Spring
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring
Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park

Been to Econo Lodge Takoma Park? Share your experiences!