“B&B is a scam and read the fine print before booking” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eden Park Guest House

and 1 more site!
Eden Park Guest House
Ranked #2 of 3 Takoma Park B&B and Inns
“B&B is a scam and read the fine print before booking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I booked a three night stay on Orbitz, with the understanding that once the reservation was accepted I would be charged a non refundable one night stay. It wasn't until I received the Orbitz confirmation that I saw that I would be charged the full three nights even if I left early, I didn't think much of it until I got to the bb and saw why they needed to do have this policy. It was a horrible site. The bb does not have the welcoming appearance when you drive up, when you go in its even worse. I gave it a chance anyway because I was tired and just wanted a comfy, clean bed. When I got to the room I didn't even walk in, it was tiny, the shared bathroom was tiny and although I was the only one staying that night it was still not a bathroom that I wanted to use. I felt like I was at a hostel as opposed to a bb. If I wanted to stay at a hostel I would have booked one. I left and thought it over, I could not bring myself to stay there one night- this coming from a person who grew up in the inner city and was used to poor sleeping conditions!! I cannot comment on the breakfast as I did not stay. Nevertheless, based upon the overall ambiance of the "b&b", I shudder to think what it could be. I returned the key, left and wasted over 300.00 since I had booked the room for 3 nights at a $92 a night rate. I found a deal at the Sheraton in Silver Springs for 92$ a night and stayed there for the rest of my time and ate a cute diner up the block. For the 92 a night I found for Eden, I got a nicer room, with a private bath and better peace of mind. This is why they have to charge you everything up front- when you get there you are pot committed because you spent so much money and can't get any of it back, in this economy you don't have much choice. This BB is a scam!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank VrmSjm1018

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Southern NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here a year ago (not in Feb. 2012). Don't know if it has improved but at the time we had a front room. Heard the buses going around the corner all night long and the cafe next store getting deliveries in the early morning hours. Someone across the hall was having a "good time." Room was clean but that was about it. Shared bath was not barely functional. Breakfast was a disaster! Could not even find the diningroom at first. Cold eggs, toast, and coffee. They had to run out for milk.

Room Tip: try staying in a back room it might be quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank russofSNJ
Takoma Park, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The website urges customers to "fully review the room features" before reserving a room, but there is very little available about the rooms published on the website. Their street sign advertises it as a "bed and breakfast," but the website says that it is only a continental breakfast.

When I went in person to inspect the conditions, I was informed of a toilet overflow, and that I would need to to call to make an appointment. When I eventually canceled my reservation more than ten days in advanced, Etty Bella told me that I was ineligible for a refund, despite that I was complying with the stated policy of canceling more than ten days in advance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank April K
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was a great location, Easy access to local transportation, and food. They provide a nice family feel with continental breakfast, Coffee/tea and Internet access. If you truly want to feel at home, this would be the place to be.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jide F
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I enjoyed a stay at Eden Park Guest house this summer, for a few days. Upon arrival I was greeted by the courteous staff. Eden park, was very warm, relaxing and inviting. I especially loved the comfortable beds. Waking up and looking out my window really made this experience worthwhile.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Plattsburgh, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I just stayed here for 3 nights. My daughter lives down the street and I was there to attend a conference in DC with her. (Taking Action for Animals--awesome!). The location was,of course, perfect. Close to my daughter, close to the Metro and some decent restaurants and cute shops. That said,my experience with my actual stay is as follows.
Got there about 4:00 on a Fri afternoon. Rang the bell and it took forever for somebody to answer. I hate to wait. The owner's son ( I assume) let me in and then the owner arrived.She showed me to my room. The Safari room which was mentioned in another post that I just read. I had the same feeling about the room. Just sad. Dark and drab.Air conditioner right by the bed. A few crappy African knickknacks here and there. Very small. It was only me so I was fine but it would be impossible to get dressed or anything with somebody else there.
When we got up the million stairs to the room, I was horrified by the bathroom. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to use the shower and not destroy the room SO (don't tell anybody) I used the bathroom on the level below. I felt guilty and ridiculous but there was no way I could have taken a shower where I was supposed to! It was horrible. I think I can say that the bathrom was clean but it's so old it's hard to tell. It looks like maybe part of it was remodeled but the shower thing is a huge problem.. I'll go back only until my daughter moves but next time I'll try a room on a lower level. PS. I booked on line and there was no hint that the room I booked was on the third floor. I think this is something that should be included in the info.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Safari Room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank mommyembee
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I flew in from Italy and felt right at home from day one. They truly catered to all my needs. I needed a quite room that would allow me to relax before my upcoming busy week. I stayed in room 6 (Rain Forest) which is absolutely great as it is away from the main road. The breakfast was very filling and the atmosphere was welcoming. I am glad I choose Eden Park and hope to return soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Silver Spring
#2 of 12 in Silver Spring
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring
Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North

Been to Eden Park Guest House? Share your experiences!