“Great place to spend our wedding weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Takoma Park
Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Takoma Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed at the Etta Mae Inn over our wedding weekend and it was the perfect place to spend those fun and hectic days. Francoise is unruffled by anything and truly invites you to treat the place as your home. I had several girlfriends and relatives over while I was getting ready and then our entire families gathered in her house to take our family photos before the wedding. Francoise was very gracious and her home is a beautiful place to take pictures. The breakfasts were great and very welcome considering I don't know if I would have had a chance to eat those days otherwise! We stayed in the Pheonix and the bathroom is to die for. Her home is beautiful and has a lot of character. The atmosphere is very relaxed and pleasant and I am so glad we stayed there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I had a short notice conference to attend in Washington, DC and needed a place to stay the night before. I started searching the internet for B&Bs close to the metro and found Etta Mae Inn. What a delight! I called and the innkeeper, Ms. Francoise, and found that she had availability for me. I told her that I would not arrive until 11 pm, due to another previously scheduled meeting. She was up when I arrived, greeted me with a smile and was very warm and friendly. The room was very clean, well-appointed and had an adjacent bathroom that was very modern for this charming older home! The mattress was perfect for me-firm and the linens were high quality. In the morning, she prepared breakfast for me at the time I needed, and even brought me to the metro herself! I would recommend Etta Mae Inn to anyone needing a personal touch for a stay in and around DC! Francoise is wonderful and very experienced at her work. It is apparent she loves to help and care for others!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2011

another wonderful holiday at the etta mae inn with francoise and her fantastic breakfasts.
Our room the keira was very comfortable, and francoise breakfasts with her homemade muffins were always looked forward to. as usual a home from home

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at the Etta Mae Inn B & B several months ago and we found our stay outstanding in every way. Our room was lovely the bathroom was beyond belief i.e. fixtures, size. Out hostess and owner could not have been more helpful and she made us a beautifully prepared breakfast. My brother lives nearby so hopefully we can make a return trip.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband and I have frequented many lovely B&Bs. After reading reviews on the EMI, we decided to make a reservation. Out of all of the B&Bs we've had the opportunity to frequent, nothing could have prepared us for EMI. The grounds as well as the house are in need of repair. Had this been billed as a youth/elder hostel we would have been prepared. However, it was one of the more expensive B&Bs we stayed at, so our disappointed was even more profound. The innkeeper is a lovely woman, but our sense is that she has never stayed at a B&B before she decided to open the EMI. I can only echo the comments from other reviewers about the state of the house, rooms, and the grounds. Nothing elegant here. And, the breakfast was so underwhelming. Instead of having a lovely meal planned for the morning, the question was "how do you want your eggs?". Sad.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SSavvy
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed for the second time, this time 3 days, in their new largest guest room. The new bath is huge, very luxurious with a very nice shower for 2. As always the bed was fine, the room comfortable, the food excellent, and the hostess very friendly and helpful. The location is quiet but convenient in Tacoma Park; not too many like it nearby. The hostess makes you feel part of the family. It's an old house, well preserved, not fancy but warm and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for the new large guest room
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2010

My wife and I were very excited to find a B&B just a few blocks from the heart of Silver Spring. The house and grounds are right out of a storybook. Francoise made us feel right at home and we loved the accommodations and the great breakfast.

Whenever we return to DC this is definitely the place we be staying!

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North
Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel
Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel
#9 of 12 in Silver Spring

Been to Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!