“Little piece of Heaven”

Carmel Cove Inn at Deep Creek Lake
Ranked #1 of 3 Swanton B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2010

The hubby and I stayed at the Carmel Cove Inn for 2 nights. We had an amazing time. The Inn is really beautiful and the Inn Keepers are wonderful. The Inn is a short walk down to the lake and you can go fishing, paddle boating, or swimming right off the pier. I wanted to try the bicycles but didnt get a chance. The bed rooms at the inn are small but small and cozy not small and cramped. The great room was beautiful and I enjoyed watching movies there, and getting to know some of the other guests. It was a wonderful touch to have the complimentary wine and snacks in the afternoon in the great room. The breakfast was very tasty, especially the first day. I had a breakfast scone that was so very tasty and I wish I had gotten the recipie. There is lots to do around the area of deep creek lake. This is definately a hidden gem. You wont be sorry if you stay here. I read past comments and was a little scared, but our room and bathroom were clean as well as the rest of the Inn. The Inn Keepers were very friendly and helpful with information about the area. I hope to return soon; this was the first time in a long time I got to truely relax in a beautiful, comfortable, setting with wonderful people. Also worth mentioning, the weather in the area is amazing for August. If you are from the Washington DC area, it was such a pleasant change from the summer heat and humidity. Also, being in a cove on Deep Creek Lake, we didnt experience any crowds, boats and noise. One morning, I was the only one down at the cove/lake, it was amazing.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 8, 2010

Our first trip to Deep Creek. A special time to celebrate our anniversary. Beautiful location, beautiful inn!!! The staff was very kind and helpful. The breakfasts were delicious!! The rooms were charming. We really appreciated having access to canoes, bikes and a semi-private dock. Loved the DVD collection and the ever-available snacks and sodas. Very relaxing getaway. We hope to return some day.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Although we didn't quite know what to expect driving in to Carmel Cove, we ended up very pleasantly surprised. The room was very quaint, clean, and the room we picked had our own terrace backed to the woods. Between the DELICIOUS homemade breakfasts on the terrance each morning, the firepit, complimentary beer, wine and snacks throughout the day, we couldn't have enjoyed our stay more. I have to also compliment the courteous staff as they were there every time we called. They even brought out smores at night while sitting out by the fire. I would highly suggest this place and we will certainly be going back for another visit. We couldn't have been happier with our stay.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

This was our first stay at a B&B, so I wasn't totally sure what to expect. I can say this, I never want to stay in a hotel again! Our room was kind of small, but we scheduled this trip 4 days before we actually left and that was the only room left. Josh showed us around - the inn is so charming! The dining area is cozy with a fireplace, which would be great in the winter. The common room has a tv, dvd player, board games and a pool table. The fridge is always stocked with pop, beer and wine. The grounds are very quiet with the added perk of a firepit and an activity shed where you can grab rafts, oars for rowboats, or even bikes. They have rowboats and paddle boats down at their dock that you are free to use. The walk to the dock is a little bit of a hike, but worth it.
The breakfasts in the morning were excellent. I would definitely recommend Carmel Cove to any couple that's looking for a quiet getaway.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I went out to Deep Creek Lake for a weekend getaway. We had a fantastic time. The inn is very nice, the complementary beer and wine was great. We had delicious breakfasts on our personal deck each morning and took the paddle boat out to relax on the lake. We did some other activities that were within a 15 minute drive of the inn. We wish we could've stayed longer. The innkeepers and housekeeper were really friendly and helpful. We hope to go back again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2010

My husband & I really enjoyed our trip to the Carmel Cove Inn. The breakfast meal was
very good. Josh was very nice & quickly took care of a concern we had. We enjoyed all
the equipment available for our use. I was surprised at how small the inn was, as it looked larger online. The rooms are very small... recommend getting one with a deck.
The rooms were clean, but was surprised, after our first day there, the housekeeper didn't clean our tub. Take your own shampoo...only 1 small sample size for stay. One bar of soap for both tub & sink...for money thought could do better. Disappointed one
dry night we had there... a campfire wasn't built. Recommend putting out ice bucket in great room...more nibbles. Coffee & hot water for tea were taken away night before we left??? Still enjoyed our trip.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Awesome location, things to do within and around the hotel if you like paddleboats, bike riding, tennis etc Everything was great just didnt like having to sleep or take a bath where noone cleaned and having to sleep and bath in someone else's pubic hair.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swanton
The Lodges at Sunset Village
#1 of 3 in Oakland
Haley Farm Bed and Breakfast and Retreat Center
24 mi away
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort

Been to Carmel Cove Inn at Deep Creek Lake? Share your experiences!