“Perfect stay!!”

Carmel Cove Inn at Deep Creek Lake
Ranked #1 of 3 Swanton B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here over the weekend for our dog sledding trip! The hospitality was great and Mary, the owner, was very personable and gives you a quick tour of the grounds...everything from bicycles, outdoor fire pit, hiking trails to name a few are all there for your enjoyment. Our room had a nice fireplace which everyday was restocked with newspaper and logs! We only had breakfast the second day since the first morning we had to be up super early to go dog sledding but breakfast was scrumptous--blueberry pancakes, quiche, fresh fruit and bread and ham! Also I must mention that the common room area with another fireplace and pool table were a nice place to hang out and meeting others...especially when there is a fully stocked fridge with wine and beer!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RV3_12

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in early September. The cons first. The internet connection is pretty slow. That's it. Everything else was incredible. The rooms are very clean and well-kept. In addition to the delicious breakfasts (ex: savory potato pancakes with salmon, oh man!), cheese and crackers are served in the early evening and there's a campfire with smores at night. There's plenty to do if you're looking for distractions, including canoeing and a rec room with a pool table, chessboard, gratis beverages (alcoholic and non-alc), and a surprisingly good DVD selection (skewing mostly towards recent Oscar-nominated flicks). My favorite part was just sitting out on the room's balcony, reading and watching the local wildlife. Very, very relaxing place. The innkeeper Mark was an AMAZING host and really made the whole trip magical. My understanding is that he'll be leaving after September 12, 2012, so I can't vouch for the staff after that date. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Went here with my girlfriend for a first weekend in August. The grounds are amazing, Mark (innkeeper) is great! Amazing food, awesome amenities, it has been one of the best hotel/b&b stays we have had ever. Mark is absolutely an amazing host and everything about the stay was remarkable. Amazingly comfy rooms and great lodge-like area to hang out and have appetizers, cocktails, and play pool. Awesome lake activities available, tennis courts, and away from the bussle of the main town area but still close enough to drive in. Amazing!

1  Thank John M
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I just spent 4 nights there, and the experience couldn't have been better. It was the first place I've ever stayed (and I have traveled a lot) where I actually looked forward to coming back to my room at the end of the day. Along with the DELICIOUS breakfasts they had (our last day it was banana pancakes, ham, egg souflee, and fresh fruit), they also had great appetizers every evening, and s'mores by the campfire and port inside at night. Everyone there was incredibly friendly and helpful - they always knew what restaurants were the best and could answer any questions. There were books in the room that gave descriptions of all sorts of local restaurants and attractions, and the day we got there they installed cable in all the rooms as well. There were canoes and bikes you could borrow very easily, and comfortable adirondack chairs where you could just sit and read and enjoy the sunshine. It was conveniently located to the lake and all the state parks, which was also a very big plus. I would come back here in a heartbeat, and would definitely recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: If you book one of the bigger rooms, there is a bathtub in the bathroom - this is nice because the b...
2  Thank Jennifer781
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was our second trip to the inn in as many years. I plan on it becoming an annual event! The new innkeeper, Mark, was very friendly and helpful. I was unnecessarily worried that the previous innkeepers, Richard and Virginia, were gone. The service was just as impeccable.

All of the rooms are beautiful. Our favorite is #6 which is actually right next to the breakfast room. Maybe the guests are unusually quiet but we have not been disturbed by anyone. "Our" room is a bit larger than some of the others with a spacious bathroom. It does not have a private balcony but we don't mind using the shared balcony space.

Breakfast one morning was mildly disappointing but has been delicious every other morning.

We love the equipment available and used all of it on our last visit! It is a trek down to the dock but it's beautiful and not a difficult hike. The dock is located on a quiet area of the lake which is perfect for canoeing. If I had one wish it would be the addition of a couple of kayaks. (hint! hint!)

The great room is beautiful. We had so much fun watching the Olympics with the other guests on the large TV!

I highly recommend Carmel Cove for anyone who wants a place to relax.

Room Tip: We love Room 6. No problems with noise and we even took an afternoon nap.
3  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at the Carmel Cove Inn from August 4- August 8, 2012. The place was extremely clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the tennis courts, the lake access and canoeing, and the nightly bonfire and smores. For indoor entertainment, there was a pool table, large screen tv, board games, and a dvd library for in-room entertainment. The complimentary wine and beer as well as the snacks and breakfast made for a great eating experience. We felt like we could spend the entire vacation at the Inn and have the best of Deep Creek right there. Mark was an excellent innkeeper and he did everything possible to ensure the guests a satisfying vacation. The other guests were really down to earth and pleasant to be around. We look forward to coming back!

2  Thank Raspberry I
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I went away for a weekend here and it was wonderful! We really enjoyed the woods and being away from tourist traps. The bonfire was great both nights and we made lots of s'mores and enjoyed the free beer. We had a lot of fun at the lake. My boyfriend really enjoyed the fishing stuff even though he didn't catch anything. Our favorite part was the private deck where breakfast was delivered every morning and we got to choose what time we wanted them to bring it! The whole weekend was awesome. One warning: Our two night stay should have cost $370 ($185 a night) and ended up costing $414 because there is a 12% tax for the rooms. I've never been to a bed and breakfast before so I don't know if that's normal but I was caught off guard. However, we do plan to return in the fall or winter and spoil ourselves again.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 through 6 are upsatirs and the rest are downstairs. And rooms 5 and 6 were right next to the...
1  Thank tangerine96
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swanton
The Lodges at Sunset Village
#1 of 2 in McHenry
The Garrett Inn
The Garrett Inn
#1 of 5 in Oakland

Been to Carmel Cove Inn at Deep Creek Lake? Share your experiences!