“A Nice Surprise”

Kentmorr Restaurant and Crab House
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Stevensville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 8
Description: Beach Front Restaurant And Tiki Bar, Boat Dockage Available, Free Parking, Award Winning Crab Cakes, Family Friendly, Indoor And Outdoor Dining Options
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on a motorcycle ride with some other people and ended up at The Kentmorr as a last minute lunch decision. This was the best lunch I have had in a while. Hands down, the best Bloody Mary I ever had and it was quite the bargain at only $5! My boyfriend got the Blackened Mahi Mahi sandwich which was very tasty. I had the broiled Crab Cake with Collared Greens on the side. I don't normally eat seafood but that Crab Cake was so tasty. It had big chunks of lump crab meat that had a nice texture and delicious taste. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We flew down to Kentmorr yesterday for a late lunch. Arrived there at 2:30 only to find out they had a 90 minute wait! With the beach to sit on we did not mind. The facility is nice, they have a two bars for the boating crowd and the restaurant itself. Very popular from the crowd we could see.

When we were finally seated the waitress was there quickly. She explained how things worked and with crabs you can order one to however many you wanted. We ordered a basket of fries, I ordered six crabs and an ear of corn, my best girl ordered snow crab legs with corn and a baked potatoe. The only issue we had with service was the blue crabs came out right away and was not timed with the rest of the meal. Since crabs take so long to eat this turned out not to be such a bad thing. The crabs were done well, were meaty and a true medium as they stated. The french fries which they Kentmorr fries were great. The snow crab was done right and we don't know what they did with the corn but it was some of the best corn on the cob I have ever had. Total bill was about $60, what you would expect from a place like this. Food was great, service was good and we are happy.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Forget about your needs as a customer coming first! Incredibly rude servers more interested in having more people at their table then in providing a good experience so you'd want to come back. 3 of us were placed next to the restroom even though there were plenty of tables by the windows but they could've sat 6 people and were left vacant the whole time we were there.
WOULD NEVER COME BACK OR RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!!!

2  Thank yacht1
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ate in the open dining area right next to the docks where sailboats and yachts pulled in. Good crab imperial and excellent crab cakes! After din, we strolled out to the adjoining beach and tiki bar to watch the sun set- very pleasant eve!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had reservations for opening 11:30 am on Sunday. We got a dozen and 1/2 Extra Large crabs ALL were good and very good size. We also got lb. of steamed shrimp good, but not as spicy as we'd do at home. Many of our party tried the 1/2 Cream and 1/2 Maryland crab soup - I really liked mine it was very different than I'm used to with either one and the mix was a good change. By the time we left the tables were pretty well filled up. We saw slow stream of people heading the beach for the day. Interesting place, good food, great location, fantastic afternoon. Make sure you make reservations if you want to sit by the window.