“Still the best crabcakes and view!”

Kentmorr Restaurant and Crab House
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Stevensville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 8
Description: Beach Front Restaurant And Tiki Bar, Boat Dockage Available, Free Parking, Award Winning Crab Cakes, Family Friendly, Indoor And Outdoor Dining Options
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We've visited Kentmorr several times since my last review. Consistency means a lot, and they have it nailed. Today we savored the raw oysters, shrimp salad sandwich and grilled Mahi Mahi sandwich. Enjoyed our meal on the deck in the bright sunshine, taking in the beautiful leaves and the bay. We flew in and saw 5 Bald Eagles en route, one catching thermals right over the restaurant. Always look forward to going back and almost hate to share it - I feel like it is our special little place.

1  Thank jhip

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Really enjoyed the good food, the casual, friendly atmosphere, and the scenic marina views. The crab cakes were marvelous, and served with a choice of sides. Both the potato salad and cole slaw were very fresh and tasty. It was fun to watch the huge, steaming platters of crabs being delivered to other patrons, and their delight in consuming them. I'd like to indulge in them the next time. Diners were all enjoying the college football games on the screens as it was a Saturday afternoon.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We love this place in the summer! Great location on the bay with beauiful sunsets. It is not a "fine dinning" restaurant but the food and service are always great. We have never been disappointed. The only drawback may be the waiting time to get a table on a warm sunny weekend. Lots of people seem to come here on the weekends, by car, boat and small airplane (grass landing strip located near the place). There is a Tiki Bar down on the beach with music (either by DJ or live), take your shoes off, hang out on the sand and have a drink in your hand and watch the sun set. I highly recommend this place for the ultimate Kent Island casual waterfront dining experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have eaten here many times and the food is usually excellent. However, over Labor Day weekend we were having a family celebration so we made reservations at the Kentmorr. We asked if they had crabs, and the answer was yes. When we arrived we quickly ordered two dozen large crabs, as we knew it would take awhile for them to cook. Well, to our surprise, the crabs arrived pretty quickly, which made us suspicious. Sure enough, these crabs had been pre-cooked, and merely heated up for us. They were still cold in the middle! How very disappointing! We complained to the manager, and finally got some pretty good crabs, but don't try to push off pre-cooked crabs as fresh!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is my absolute favorite place to eat on Kent Island...as you can see by the title of my review....I am not crazy about the menu change BUT the food is ALWAYS consistently good here. I have only had a bad experience here once and all of the good experiences way outweigh the one bad. The sweet potato mash is SO good!! So is the crab dip!!
I think the vegetable crab soup is my least favorite. My family loves the crab pretzel which is a specialty of Kentmoor!