“Amazing views, atmosphere, and food”

Hemingway's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hemingway's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Stevensville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Alexandria, Virginia
“Amazing views, atmosphere, and food”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've driven by this place quite a bit, but finally had the chance to stop in over the weekend. I'm really glad I did. Honestly this place makes me feel better about living in the DC Metro area. If you like having the feeling like your on vacation, but are not than you need to go here. The location is amazing, great views of the chesapeake and bay bridge, awesome sunset, great open space, not cramped at all. The food was good and it didnt break the bank especially for location.

Bethesda, Maryland
“Keep on driving!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We pass Hemingways constantly during the summer and fall months on the way to the beach. We had several disappointing experiences but had heard the restaurant was bought over by a Florida company and underwent essentially a complete rebuild. The place is gorgeous but the kitchen and management leaves much to be desired. Stopped today for lunch and had a lovely young girl as our server. I was served an $18 fish sandwich that at best had a 3-4 ounce piece of Stripper. I asked for really hot and crisp fries and got tepid and limp ones. The calamari did not seem to be fried to order. We brought the situation to the attention of the server. She was apologetic and the new manager stopped by and couldn't have cared less. I showed him the uneaten half sandwich, he shrugged his shoulders, and moved. No wonder the place is empty. A perfect opportunity to be gracious and hospitable. He was anything but. We will not be back, particularly at the prices the new ownership is charging. Drive to Kent Narrows for better alternatives.

2 Thank FairTraveler2011
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great views!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stopped here on the way back to DC after a day at the beach. We were seated outside immediately and got to enjoy a great day dining al fresco with views of the Bay Bridge, a live house band, a helicopter taking off, and boaters coming in and out of the pier. Food was decent and tasty. The sea bass portion and crab cakes are very filling. Service was good and the drinks were refreshing. I wouldn't go out of my way to drive here from DC, but would stop again if I was passing by and hungry.

Lavallette, New Jersey
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Perfect weather to eat on the outdoor patio. Shared an excellent seafood salad with my wife, no plate sharing charge and plenty for the both of us. Service was excellent. Need another visit or two before moving up to 5 stars.

Rock Hall, Maryland
“Outrageous”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Memorial day weekend my husband and guests decided to give this place another chance. We came by boat expecting a great afternoon, weather perfect! We arrive and the crew at the dock said they were not receiving any guests due to staff problems in kitchen,therefore, no food being served...what kind of management allows this to happen...have been four times...this was the last straw...what a shame for such a beautiful spot looking out on the Bay Bridge.

• Visited May 2014