“All view, nothing else....”

Hemingway's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hemingway's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Stevensville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Family gathering, ten people, ages ranging from 11yrs to 80 yrs old. Arrived at 12:30 pm. Beautiful view and we had plenty of time to enjoy it. We placed our order, nothing, including our wine arrived for 30 minutes. After an hour, my 80 yr old father asked the manager for his sandwich. Our waitress, Monika, came and explained the process of a "dining experience." Finally, we convinced her to get my dad's sandwich, now. By the time he was done with his sandwich, the rest of our food arrived. My 13 yr old daughter ordered the salmon grilled. It arrived on a cedar plank, raw in the middle. She sent it back to be cooked. It came back on the same plate, same cedar plank, dry and over cooked ($25.95, no side offered or given). My husband's food was luke-warm. The bathrooms had overflowing trash cans and no toilet paper. My husband interrupted the manager from playing on his laptop to inform him of the bathroom conditions. The bathrooms stayed in poor condition. As you may have guessed, the restraurant had a policy of adding 20% gratuity on partys of 6 or more, so we were stuck paying $44.97 for service that was very poor. I would avoid this place like the plague.

1  Thank augustamom

Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stopped here after crossing over the Bay Bridge while headed home for Christmas break.
Dreary day, this place looked like it should be nice, and since it was lunch, hoping nothing crazy.

Was given an awesome seat in the mostly empty restaurant, but it was Friday at 2PM. Loved the interior decor.

Sandwich prices looked reasonable for lunch, everything else was in the $20 range, which is a bit much for lunch, we opted for two bowls of soup and split the crab nachos (nachos = crackers, as described in the menu) appetizer.

Wife got bisque - very good. I got chowder. Weird, in a bad way. It was made with beef broth. Beef broth and seafood is not a good mix. The crab nachos were ok, but nothing spectacular. The crab/cheese sauce was sparsely added to them. Would've been better as a dip.

So....great decor, one bad dish, one ok one, one good one, but $30 for that and a sub-par lemonade was a bit much. Would advise against going here. It may be a great spot to order drinks and enjoy the view, but that's about it.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

We were seated right away. After 15 minutes my wife went to find the waitress...evedently they forgot to tell our waitress that she had another table seated. (we were there at lunch time and we saw 3 waitresses mulling around and if they couldn't figure out that one of the 5 tables with people sitting at them hadn't been helped...) food was OK but not 4 stars...
If I had paid for the whole tab I would have been really upset but had a gift certificate, I've had better service at Cracker Barrel!

Reviewed November 19, 2011

This is one of the worst restaurants I have been to in a long time! When we walked in the hostess was too busy playing with her cell phone to greet us. Our waitress read us the specials. They had an appetizer special which we ordered, jalapeño poppers stuffed with crabmeat. They were awful, FRIED(which our waitress never told us) and tasteless. For dinner, we ordered a salad with grilled scallops and the cioppino. The salad portion was small as were the 3 tiny scallops for an additional $11. The cioppino was HORRIBLE in a thick tomato sauce.......not edible! Go to Rustico for the best cioppino! I then traded in my cioppino for the mussels. All our food came out cold. And the mussels.....wierd!!! The mussels had bleu cheese and sweet potato fries on top of them and of course came out cold. The manager and waitress were nice as far as addressing our food issues. I would never go back.....YUCK!!!!

1  Thank stewardess79
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I'm a hard working single gal and don't really make a lot of money so my dining out budget is sacred to me. My father, who is ill lives near this restaurant and after a doctor visit in October we decided to try it. I'm from Maryland, so I know I am supposed to love crabs, but I don't. And NO it's not because I hate or am to lazy to pick 'em.
I do, however, LOVE crab cakes and can pick with the best of you. You have to be good to be able to pick and slap the fingers of people trying to snatch some meat from your bowl. So, anyway, I consider myself to be somewhat of a crab cake aficionado, and when I say these were the best ever, you can take that to the bank!
We ate outside on the deck where the view of the bay bridge was spectacular but also went in to look around and loved the interesting eastern shore artifacts inside.