Review Highlights
A beautiful sunset cruise and a great adventure on the Chesapeake Bay!

We took a Friday evening sunset cruise with our grandchildren. The weather was picture perfect... read more

Reviewed July 30, 2019
Laurie J
Excellent Charter

Captain Gary did an excellent job on this tour. Lots of great information! Took the time to explain... read more

Reviewed July 11, 2019
Kelly M

All reviews captain gary sunset cruise light house look forward bring snacks hour trip boat ride eastern shore chesapeake bay company stories business champagne cushions enthusiasts knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2018

Captain Culver was a gracious host and captain as he explained to our students from The Salisbury School the history of the Chesapeake Bay, the history and reasons for the Thomas Point and Bloody Point lighthouses in the Chesapeake Bay. At the conclusion of our tour, Captain Culver afforded our students the opportunity to answer questions based on his explanations during the tour and offering the student with the most correct answers a nice prize. Our students enjoyed every minute of the tour, especially the opportunity to respond to the questions about his information. This is a very educational and worthwhile trip for high school students.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank ronjones11640
Gary C, Owner at Chesapeake Lights Lighthouse Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

It was a pleasure taking your students out to see the lighthouses!

Reviewed June 3, 2018

Captain Gary was excellent and full of knowledge of the Chesapeake bay. The tour started with captain Gary helping everyone on the boat and making sure we were comfortable with some great boat cushion seats. After exploring the local light houses, Gary gave us a boat ride around the islands and then on to lunch at Marker 5(which was excellent)! I would highly recommend taking a tour with Captain Gary!! We'll be back!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank mcaneney2018

Thanks for getting underway with us!

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Captain Gary and this tour was one of the highlights of 5+ years of lighthouse tours we've been on. We were the first people to cruise this summer, and had a wonderful time with the captain and his kids, who were very helpful. Gary contains a wealth of knowledge. He's got a ton of historical stories of the area, including details about the lighthouses, Bay, erosion of the island, and more. He's a fantastic boat captain - having spent time in the Navy and a lot of time on the water, he's got all the bases covered in terms of providing the most comfortable and fun trip available based on current weather and conditions.

We covered a lot of the Bay in our 2 hour trip and my kids, family and I consider this a highlight of our many years of visiting lighthouses across the country. I'd HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone visiting - it's worth the visit alone. We'll be back - next time for a longer cruise!

Date of experience: May 2018

Thanks so much for your support! Let's see some more lighthouses!

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Through a series of fortunate events and connections, my husband and I were lucky enough to be able to have our wedding on the Thomas Point Lighthouse in October of 2017, in the company of our parents and siblings. Captain Gary and the lighthouse volunteers were so incredibly helpful, friendly, and flexible throughout the whole process, and everyone had a fantastic day!

One example of their flexibility and kindness: we were supposed to get married on a Sunday, but the weather forecast was looking really terrible, so on Friday I called Captain Gary to see if there was any possibility of switching the trip to Saturday. He said, "I have a full schedule tomorrow, but let me see what I can do." About 30 minutes later, he called me back and said, "So, do you want to get married tomorrow?" We were ecstatic!

The day was beyond perfect. Captain Gary's wife and daughter had decorated the boat for our wedding, and we had such a great time on the way to and from the lighthouse, enjoying champagne and hanging out with our family while taking in the beautiful views of our hometown and the Bay. Our dream for the wedding was to have a small ceremony in a place with meaning for me and my husband, and I could not have imagined a more beautiful way to celebrate our marriage. Captain Gary is a fantastically kind, genuine, and all-around fun person. I cannot recommend his tours more highly. Thank you so much, Captain Gary! We look forward to taking some of your other lighthouse tours in the future (sans wedding dress and tux)!

Date of experience: October 2017

It was an honor to help with your wedding ceremony!

Reviewed December 4, 2017

Captain Gary and the Lighthouse Tour was a blast! In addition to being incredibly knowledgeable and a great skipper, Gary makes sure you're having an awesome time. Despite being early December, he was more than happy to fire up the boat for a private cruise as part of my girlfriend and I's anniversary weekend.

The boat is awesome -- an old Navy vessel with an interesting history. It was glass out, but I'd suspect she can handle some pretty stout seas. No need to worry about bouncing in a breeze. He took us to several of the Bay's lights and even let my girlfriend take the helm for a while. What a dude! He surprised us with a bottle of bubbly and we were able to enjoy our sandwiches on board; what a treat.

Can't recommend this tour enough, will definitely be back in the Summer to work on those tans!

Date of experience: December 2017

It was a fun December cruise!