“Cool bar but avoid the blowout parties”
Review of Big Owl's Tiki bar

Big Owl's Tiki bar
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Stevensville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Nice to sit and have a drink here and watch the boaters on the Narrows. We visited on St Patrick’s Day and it was total chaos. It started out ok but you can only pack so many onto a dock with one way in and out before you start having issues. Twenty minutes to get a beer and the same amount of time to go and relieve yourself. If a fire broke out you have 2 choices swim or stampede. We will return just not during the big events.

1  Thank Cranky64

Reviewed February 14, 2012

So much fun!!! The location is perfect for watching the boats on a warm summer evening or having a happy hour when the weather is changing. They have special days with bands or karaoke to keep the crowd rocking. They have really expanded their menu in the last year. My favorites are the fish tacos - nice and light and fried pickle spears - with a blue cheese sauce.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

We tried the Big Owl Tiki Bar when staying at a local hotel for one night. While we enjoyed the location, it took nearly an hour for our food to arrive at the table. Servers weren't very apologetic or attentive to us while we waited. However, when the food arrived, it was good.

We arrived around 6pm and a band was entertaining. Even though there were families with small children dining, the singer didn't hesitate to use profanity in his lyrics and commentary. It was inappropriate for the time of day and the audience.

So not a great experience at the Big Owl for us. I might go back if I were in the area. The atmosphere and location were nice. But I'd probably just get my own drinks from the bar, avoid ordering food, and sit away from the live music.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

You dont come here for the food. This place is one of the coolest waterfront bars I've been to! The beer is cold, the staff is great, and the setting is incredible! Stick around for the sunset when your here, you'll have a front row seat as it reflects off the water.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

This place rocks! I have been there about 150 times. I have never had a bad time there. Al does a great job when he is the DJ. His kids are friendly and very hard workers, the setting just can" be beet if you like water boats sunsets and really good people.