All reviews continental breakfast cookies pastries first floor kent island eastern shore guest rooms get away beautiful place romantic weekend water view food service table tennis off season took advantage modern amenities sunday morning
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

We loved the beautiful, well-kept grounds. The Inn is a grand, historic building full of character and charm. The staff is friendly, efficient and accommodating. The rooms were well-appointed, and while the furniture was a bit less than comfortable, the bedding and linens are superb. As with any B&B-type hotel and its antique nature, noise can be a issue with guests closing doors, staff setting up breakfast, etc. Continental breakfast was plentiful. We took full advantage of the dock that juts out into Thompson Creek and fire pit. Would definitely stay there again!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KMIHospitality, Director of Sales at Kent Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

Thank you Mary for both your stay with and review posting. We strive to create a wonderful environment for our guests. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

I really wanted to enjoy brunch and write a nice review because the staff were kind and the venue is cute, but I have never before left an establishment thinking I literally just threw $100+ down the drain.

It started at the beginning when they were 20 minutes late to open. Watching staff literally sprint around does not set a great tone, but it was a nice day so not the end of the world.

The food was mediocre at best: abysmal for the price charged. At $19.95/person I would have felt adequately satisfied. At the price they charged, I felt robbed.

The omelet station was a disaster. Long lines and a "chef" that had apparently never worked an omelet station or maybe even made an omelet in general before. I genuinely felt bad for her.

The prime rib was disgusting. I don't think i have ever heard a food service worker apologize as much as she did trying to cut a dry, over cooked, shredded, falling apart, and tasteless piece of meat. It may have been prime rib by label, but was shredded roast beef by appearance and taste.

The rest of the buffet was uninspired and bland. I felt like I was at my neighbor's house for brunch who decided to try cooking for the first time; not a 4-star establishment for a holiday extravaganza at $50/plate.

I have enjoyed the Sunday Brunch at the Jefferson in Richmond, the Eden in Lancaster, the Hotel Hershey, and more, all within a similar price point so I have no problem spending money for a nice brunch.

Unfortunately, this wasn't it.

Two stars for the staff doing the best they can.

Zero stars for management putting them the position to have to constantly apologize to everyone for things that weren't their fault.

PS: we didn't say a word because that isn't our style to complain like that, but the table next to us verbally stated "I have never seen such horrible service"

I think Kent Manor knows they got this one wrong.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
KMIHospitality, Manager at Kent Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

We sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. We take feedback to heart and will ensure that we rectify the areas that you have addressed and will make immediate improvement.

Reviewed May 12, 2019

Brunch this afternoon was fabulous...showed up for our 1 pm reservation about 10 mins behind due to the rain but the staff didn't seem to mind...Delish food selections...Good Mimosas...AMAZING service...the venue was just gorgeous and imagine my surprise when I ran into Baseball Hall of Famer, Harold Baines, in the Buffet line! Can't wait to go back.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
KMIHospitality, Director of Sales at Kent Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Greetings!
Thank you for your review of our recent Mother's Day Brunch service. We are pleased that you enjoyed yourself. Please be sure to come back to our next Holiday Brunch Service.

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

En Route from Virginia to New Jersey we stayed one night at this gorgeous bed and breakfast. Room, continental breakfast, WiFi and the beautiful property were extremely enjoyable and relaxing. The staff here are wonderful people and the service extraordinary. We will return many times and BTW they love the military! Historic Inn with Patriotic Tram here. How can you go wrong?

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KMIHospitality, Director of Sales at Kent Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Hello James,
We are delighted to see your lovely review on your stay with us at Kent Manor Inn. Please DO come back and visit with us.

Reviewed May 6, 2019

We stayed at the lovely Kent Manor Inn while we attended a wedding at a nearby venue. Mr. Sunny was very kind in welcoming us to the property and showing us around the property. The morning continental breakfast was very nice on the back porch. We enjoyed our stay very much. Thank you!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello Mary Lou,
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay at Kent Manor Inn. Please do come back and stay for a few days the next time.