“loved the soup and service!”
Review of R's Americantina - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stopped here for the first time on our way home from the airport. we thought it was good and we will be back. the chips and salsa were good. i loved the chicken tortilla soup. my chicken tacos were really good. our server, emily, was very polite, professional and didn't have an attitude. we would go back!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We've eaten at R's Americantina several times over the past years and will not be returning. When under the management of the original owner, the food was fresh, innovative and consistent. Unfortunately, the restaurant has changed hands at least one time - and we believe perhaps recently again - and the food and service have gone down hill each time!

We stopped on Sunday for a late lunch. Considering that the place was almost empty, we were somewhat amazed that the service was so slow. What used to consist of fresh chips and a wonderful salsa are now pre-packaged and so so chips and salsa. The menu is lackluster - flatbreads for a Mexican restaurant? I ordered cheese enchiladas - typically, these are made with a corn tortilla, queso blanco and covered with an enchilada sauce. My cheese enchiladas were made with flour tortillas, filled with mozarella(?) cheese and topped with cheese - so much that they were a choking hazard. The sauce was trickled on the side - virtually non-existent. My daughter's flatbread was completely lacking sauce, and the chicken and shrimp were flavorless. My husband had a beef muy grande burrito. The meat was old and made my husband sick after eating it. The plate was hot but the food was cold. And, the beans and rice were obviously from a can.

With so many good restaurants to choose from on the Western Shore, we won't be trekking over the bridge for Mexian anymore!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The only good thing that this resturant has going for them is the Margaritas! I do not think that this is real Mexican food. Oh, The chips and salsa are ok. But have one margarita and you will need a cab to take you home!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

has been sold and resold, quality of menu items varies. it can be a gamble, or it can be good.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

If you are hungry on your way to the Eastern Shore or the beach, you can't beat the in and out convenience of Ameicantina. Decent atmosphere, varied menu, pretty fair pricing for pretty average food. Probably won't be disappointed; but won't be on your "gatta do it again" list.