“Milton Needs To Overhaul The Inn....”
Review of Milton Inn

Milton Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Milton Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Milton Inn, a 273 year old field-stone building in Northern Baltimore County,is counted among Maryland's historic treasures. It is believed that construction of the Inn began in 1740 and it has grown and changed over the years to become one of the premier country dining spots in the United States. The tradition of excellence has continued to grow under the current ownership Milton Fare Inc, who purchased the business in 1997. Executive Chef/Owner Brian Boston was named Chef of the Year by the Restaurant Association of Maryland in 2011.Chef Boston has also received many other awards including The Five Star Diamond Award by The Academy of Hospitality Sciences , The DiRoNA Award,and top ratings from Zagat. The Milton was named The Best restaurant in the Counties by The Baltimore Sun . Over the years , the Inn has engendered a legacy of romance and numerous couples have become engaged in its candlelit dining rooms and open air garden terrace. Many return year after year to celebrate!
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Two stars because the food was tasty, not knock out great, and way too expensive for the quality.... but tasty and well presented. Service was REALLY not great. We had two birthday girls in our party 81 years and 18 years. I made a point to mention the special occasion when I made the reservation. There was NOT even a verbal happy birthday acknowledgment by any staff. Milton Inn uses faux bottled water... Let me explain... They fill your water glasses from green glass bottles that look as if they could be actual "bottled water" when in fact it's just cold tap water refilled into these green bottles. The problem is that the green bottle gulg gulg gulg as its being poured creating spillage on the table every time! Resting my arm on the table got my nicely ironed sleeve all wet from repeated gulg gulg spillage. At first i thought the young bus boys (hs students?) had not been trained well in how to pour water but as the evening wore on it became evident that no matter who poured the water glug gluged out creating more and more spillage. I even commented to one bus boy "oh my goodness that's messy". No response and no effort to correct the water spillage issue. Also this particular server had picked the bottle up out of a wine chilling bucket without wiping the bottom so that water and ice chips streamed down the sides and bottom of the bottle and added to the glug glug mess. (MIlton Inn choose another vehicle for table water delivery... your not fooling anyone we know its not bottled water and it makes a big mess). The food was ok as I mentioned and the presentation was attractive. We did not care for the grits side plate and the Caesar salad was way too fishy. However the ny strip, tenderloin, lobster, and salmon were all fine and tasty, cooked as ordered. We sat too long without attention and had to ask that the dinner plates be bussed. At an upscale restaurant you are paying for the experience, service and ambiance as well as the food. Sorry Milton Inn I'd like to support you because you are local but Milton Inn is NOT worth it for the money spent. Go to Prime Rib, Ruth Chris, etc for similar priced entrees and much much better service!

1  Thank kristina m

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I enjoy the Milton Inn each time I visit. The food and service are excellent. However, I don't go that often because it is a bit pricey and I don't feel I can just drop by.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Fine dinning in a 270+ year old Fieldstone building. I have been here several times in the last few years. It is always elegant and a wonderful way to spend a relaxing evening. I try to take my mother at least once a year. She always feels special when we go there. I would recommend reservations on the weekends. As mentioned in other reviews even when it is busy, I never feel rushed.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I've been to this restaurant before and decided to treat a very special person to a birthday dinner here. We had a reservation for a Saturday evening and needed to call to change it to a later time. That was not a problem and we were seated as soon as we arrived. We were seated upstairs where it was not overly noisy. Our server was attentive, engaging and omniscient in a very positive way. The meal was wonderful and the wine was too. The ambiance was just right. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we were the last to leave before closing.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Very busy on Saturday night, but there no indications that the staff was stressed. Service and food were outstanding and contrary to much contemporary practice, the portions were also generous. Wine list was somewhat pricey but I think you can trust the quality if the Miltonians place it on the list.

Been to Milton Inn? Share your experiences!