We stayed over the holiday and enjoyed the restaurant's Thanksgiving buffet. The hotel is easy to find with lots of fre parking. From the moment we arrived the staff were superb. Check-in was easy and quick, the rooms are nice but not luxurious, and we had a great water view on the East side of the hotel.
Let me point out that the price we paid on an Internet special from Holiday Inns was LESS than the local Sleep Inn or Comfort Inn and we had better rooms, better service, etc.
The holiday buffet was good but uneven. They had a carving station with very good truley and an excellent pork loin, and the usual Thanksgiving food done respectably. Unexpected highlights were jumbo steamed Gulf shrimp done PERFECTLY with not too much Old Bay (a pet peeve of mine), Macaroni and cheese with crab meat (I KNOW!), and fresh bread pudding for dessert. However, there was no salad bar; in fact, there were no fresh fruit or fresh vegetables of any kind. When queried, the manager explained that the locals simply don't eat them.
+ Great staff very knowledgeable and attentive
+ Comfortable room with quality bedding and pillows
+ Free local phone calls
+ Free WiFi - very strong signal throughout the building
+ Well-placed ice and vending
+ Very minor room issues handled courteously and promptly
+ Solid restaurant that knows seafood
+ Decent free breakfast - much better than limited service hotels.
- Vending machines have only PEPSI products (feh!)
- This is a 30+-year-old property that has been kept up, but needs some updating - the common area carpets are a psychedelic mess
- Needs better food variety on buffets
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find comfort & modern luxury at one of the most suitable locations in Solomons. Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center & Marina. Positioned on Back Creek of the Patuxent River with its Naval Air Station, Wildlife Reserve & adjacent to Chesapeake Bay. A scenic one-hour drive from Washington, D.C. & Annapolis. Just 10 minutes from St. Mary's Airport, while Baltimore Washington International & Reagan National are both within a 90-minute drive. Walking distance to Calvert Marine Museum, Annmarie Gardens, & Spectacular Solomons Island Boardwalk. Just a short drive to State Parks, Historical Sites, & Lighthouse adventures.The Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center & Marina is ideal for business & leisure travelers, featuring newly renovated spacious & decorative guest rooms & suites. You'll have room to work, relax & make the most of your day. Amenities such as high-speed Internet, work center, plush towels & luxurious bedding mean every night is a great night & every day starts right. Dip in our outdoor Jr. Olympic size pool (seasonal), sip at the Outdoor Marina Side Bar with access to Solomons Harbor Marina. Enjoy tennis & a fully equipped renovated fitness center. Meeting & Banquet facilities offer over 20,000 square feet of flexible function space that enhances business & social functions from small meetings or intimate dinners to weddings. When it's time to dine, enjoy an adventure at Isaac's Restaurant & Pub. The best is waiting for you at Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center & Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center And Marina Hotel Solomons
- Solomons Holiday Inn