“A Great Value for the money”

Quality Inn Beacon Marina
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Solomons
Nashville, Tennessee
“A Great Value for the money”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I took a vacation this summer which included several stops with Solomons Island, Maryland being about the halfway point for the way up and back. After reading the reviews of this hotel I decided to stay there on my way up as it was going to save me about $80.00 as opposed to the hotel I usually stay in.
It is an older hotel and not as fancy as others in the area, however, it was a very pleasant surprize. The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff were extremely warm and helpful. They do have a small pool and whirlpool outside to enjoy which were clean and very nice. Across the parking lot is the Captains Table restaurant which serves a great breakfast and lunch and is very convenient to the hotel. They also have a bar and outdoor seating if you want to wander over for an evening drink.
If you enjoy walking, the hotel is within walking distance of the island and shares a driveway with the maritime museum which is fun to see.
All in all it was very pleasant and a great value for the price and would recommend it if you want a good basic clean comfy place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dexter590

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Virginia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This Comfort Inn is a bit older than some, shows some wear and tear, but is overall a good value, a decent hotel with good service. and it works just fine for a short business stay. It is nIcely located beside a marina with a seafood restaurant, so this may be a good choice for fishermen, or someone who enjoys the water. Breakfast was good, fresh continental variety of items with hot waffles.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank elimar2
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Based on reviews this was a much better hotel than we expected. The rooms were very clean, looked recentl painted, the walls were immaculate, the linens new, the bathrooms fine. The pool is small and the area could use a little rehab. There was only one umbrella and one table. There were a few extra chairs. The outdoor whirlpool was dirty. The breakfast might have been okay, but where we got there there were 3 torn egg patties, an empty pan of sausage gravy and the fuse had apparently blown on the waffle cooker. We were exasperated so went down the street to a great bagel place (Spyros). The front staff (both days) was indifferent. Not outright rude, but "bored" and not expecially welcoming. All in all, I would stay again as the location is great and the cleanliness was better than expected.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HorryTraveler
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I'd never been to the area before, and just picked a random hotel. This comfort inn was lovely. Great service and nice rooms. Beautiful location on the water. Good breakfast included. Clean and reasonably priced. I hope to go back in the summer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank travelaton28
TaraInn, Manager at Quality Inn Beacon Marina, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Thank you for the kind words and the glowing recommendation to fellow visitors to our area. We are continually striving to provide a fantastic stay for our guests, and hearing the praise this way gives us extra motivation. Please come see us again soon!!
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This hotel is very "average". When we checked in the gentleman at the front desk did his job, but wasn't what I would call friendly or helpful. When I checked in it plainly said on my ticket "extra bed - crib". I made my reservation online and because I have a one year old it wouldn't let me book a king size bed without ordering an extra bed. The choices were "roll-away" or "crib". I of course chose crib, and even was requred to initial next to it when I checked in. When I got to the room, there was no crib. I called the gentleman at the front desk, and he very matter of factly told me they didn't have cribs. "Cribs. You mean for a baby? We don't have those." I was immediately disappointed in both the website, and the service at the hotel. He did offer me a roll away, which we accepted, and when he delivered the roll away he pushed it in to the front of the room, handed me the sheets and blankets, and left. Needless to say, I was not impressed.

Other than the first night, everything else has gone well. We stayed 2 nights, and the cleaning staff was excellent. They even folded my little girls blankets for her, which I thought was a nice touch. Breakfast was good as well. The only other complaint I have - which is more of a mother of a young child. is that there was one outlet that was loose from the wall. Not only was it difficult to use, but a real safety hazard. Also, the shower head seemed to have some pinkish mold (I think....) or something on the edges, and the kleenex holder under the bathroom sink was broken and the broken plastic was hanging down.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel to someone coming to the area. Other than my first impressions, every one else seemed pretty nice and helpful. Also, the location is amazing, and the price I paid was great considering where we were.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Kmywalker3
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Upon check-in: Drapes torn and multiple holes. Mold found in coffee pot and on filter in coffee maker. Bathroom: 1 bar of soap and no cups. Hair on shower stall floor. Jacuzzi: 1 set of towels for a 2-person tub. Carpet dirty. Day 2: toilet clogged. Desk sent up a plunger for US to use and told us to leave in the bathroom when finished. Staff did not clear clog. Coffee pot still not cleaned or restocked. Breakfast area in lobby poorly stocked and VERY dirty. Day three: We left room @ 8 am & returned @ 4:30 pm, room NEVER touched. Complained to front desk. They sent staff to clean while we went out for dinner. Returned @ 6 pm. Bed made with dirty linen, carpet not vacuumed, bathroom not restocked, coffee pot still dirty, not enough towels again. Complained to front desk: no charge for last day. They will discuss with manager. Unofficial from desk: no charge for stay and will receive future stay for free. Manager never called us. We will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank creativewoods
TaraInn, Manager at Quality Inn Beacon Marina, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
I would like to personally extend my apologies for the distress and discomfort we have caused you. I understand, from experience, how frustrating it is to have such a stay and I can only hope that you understand that this stay was far below our expectations as well.

I have used your comments in my conversations with the staff here. I use them daily, as a matter of fact, and together we are re-learning why it is we are in this business. I have asked for a new commitment from my team, a commitment to always remember that we are here to provide a good, clean room, along with excellent service to all of our guests.

It is our goal to ensure all our guests leave our hotel happy, and in the case of your stay we have ever so clearly missed the mark. I invite you back, to see the changes you have helped inspire, and to see that we truly do take our commitment to heart. You have my sincere apologies, and my personal commitment to make improvements.

Thank you for sharing your experiences so that we could make the needed improvements.
Virginia
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for the 2010 Tiki bar opening. It is nothing fancy at all, but comfortable enough. If you want nicer, stay at the Hilton down the street. I stayed there last year but decided I wanted to be closer this year. I was even able to see the fireworks from my room when I decided to stumble back to it :-). I would definitely stay at this hotel in the years to come.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solomons
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington Park - Patuxent
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
Extended Stay America - Lexington Park - Pax River

Been to Quality Inn Beacon Marina? Share your experiences!