“perfect date night”

Zahniser's Dry Dock
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Solomons
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Dry Dock, is located in Solomons Island at the Zahniser's Yachting Center. Expect an intimate water view restaurant that caters to an upscale dining experience, specializing in steaks & seafood. We offer deck seating, weather permitting. Nightly specials & Happy Hour 5-6:00pm daily. Hours of Operation: Open Tuesday through Sunday, 5:00pm. Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 2:00pm Reservations recommended.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“perfect date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

with small children, date nights are few and far between in our home! on a recommendation, we made reservations at dry dock and had the BEST date night we've had in a long time!! the service was incredible (server was knowledgeable and very outgoing), the food absolutely delicious (i had the duck!), and the view and atmosphere just perfect! i will definitely recommend dry dock to all of our friends!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jennifer S

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Attractive waterfront location, food was great. We had the cioppino and the spicy chicken/shrimp creole.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ElizabethTraveler123
Saint Leonard, Maryland, United States
“When I want to go somewhere special for dinner..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

So this is the place I chose to go when I want good, seasonal food, cooked to perfection. We usually eat here for special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.). Even though I'm a power boater girl, and this place is located in a sail boater marina, I'm still crazy about their food!

The restaurant itself it small, especially in the winter when the outside deck is closed or too cold to enjoy. The wait staff are seasoned professionals and make your visit an experience. The menu is seasonal....so depending on when you visit determines what is served.

I have been here numerous times and have always been impressed with the menu selection, the cooking technique and presentation. Entrees that I have enjoyed here have ranged from quail, to seafood, to lamb, to the most delectable petite filet. Oh and did I mention creme brulee which I can never resist! Great wine selection and paring and I've heard that they have a mean brunch on Sunday (never been though). Prices are not cheap, but not unreasonable for the product that is served. Can't wait until my next visit....just wanted to give this place the props it deserves.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank kcmiller10
Lexington Park, Maryland
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The food was excellent, steal cooked to specification, variety of options good,
Service was good as was server. Price met expectations, Nice atmosphere, nice view.

• Visited February 2014
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
“A little pricey but very tasty and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed this little marina-side restaraunt. The service was excellent, but the food was just a bit pricey. I had scallops with crab rissotto. It was delicious. My wife had the crab cakes, and they were good as well. Being from MD we are picky about our crab cakes, and these could have used a bit more jumbo lump crab meat and a bit less filler. They were also fried, and we prefer broiled. With that said they were still tasty. Great little place if you're in Solomon's.