“Must have hit on an off day”
Review of Captain's Table - CLOSED

Captain's Table
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our hotel recommended this as a great place for breakfast. We must have hit it on an off day. It took 50 minutes for our food to arrive (and there were just 2 of us and only 3 other tables - not busy). On a positive note, my omelet was good, lots of crab.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Restaurant was recommended by a local resident who could not have experienced good Maryland seafood. My wife's soft shell crab platter was meager. The soft shell crab was very small and for the price, there should have been two. My crab cake was of good size and had good size chunks of back fin crab meat, however, it was way overcooked and very dried out. The coleslaw had a very funny taste and was inedible. Highly recommend you skip this place as the only going for it was the view of the water and boats.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place was located right next to our hotel so we ate here twice in two days, one dinner and one lunch. The food was quite tasty and the service was nice. We sat outside on the covered deck for dinner and the temp was good, no bugs. For lunch we sat inside way too hot. You get a great view of the boats moving in and out of the Harbor. The crab cake was good and my wife had the shrimp, tasty as well. I would come back here for sure in the future. If you are in town make this a stop for lunch or dinner. I have trouble understanding the weak reviews that were posted on here in the past, ignore them. Go with my rating. The only issue some may have is there was no alcohol available, did not bother me, but I am guessing they are having liquor license issues, may want to check in advance if this will be a problem for you.

1  Thank bnelson77
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our party of 9 included an 8-year old and a 4-year old and there were multiple checks, but the waitress handled our table very well. The food was good, but not inspired. My soup was delicious (even if it had the consistency of library paste), but my stuffed rockfish was not entirely successful. That said, a worthwhile place to eat when you are in Solomons.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We chose to eat here because of the view. It was the only thing positive about the experience. The decor was dark, and the carpet was dirty/smelly. The buffet breakfast was just awful. Dry eggs, skinny bacon slices that were burned, and so on and so forth. Coffee was insipid. Baked goods arrived on a truck while we were eating, and they were unappealing so we didn't bother.