“Excellent food with a great view!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Anglers Seafood Bar & Grill
Ranked #15 of 36 Restaurants in Solomons
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elkridge, Maryland
“Excellent food with a great view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We went there for the 1st time on Saturday for dinner. We sat outside overlooking the dock. It was peaceful and scenic. The steamed shrimp, salad (fresh and large portion for a side salad) and beef sandwich were all delicious. Service was excellent too. The waitress brewed a fresh pot of decaf coffee for me and it was tasty too. Will return again!

3 Thank lavinia123

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Today we returned to Solomon's and were pleasantly surprised to learn that Anglers had opened in the location of the old Captain's Table. We were seated at a table on the outside porch which overlooks the water. Our server, Kristen, was friendly and very attentive. When we asked for suggestions of popular items, she said the haddock sandwich is a favorite of many guests. We agree, it was excellent! Served hot on a delicious sub roll, I'm sure we will be back to enjoy it often. Another in our party had the open faced roast beef sandwich. He also said it was excellent. The restaurant has only been open for three weeks, but I am sure many visitors to the island and locals will soon be flocking to Anglers. There is a large indoor bar. Although we didn't order anything from it, there were several groups at the high top tables.

1 Thank VAtravelerTJ
“Newly renovated and great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

We came down to Solomons for a nice dinner on a Friday night after the weather had finally cleared up. We wanted to go on the actual island but it was just to packed. We remembered our friends telling us about the old captains table and that they liked it so we decided to give it a try. This place seems to be more of a bar atmosphere so it was quite loud inside so luckily there was a table available out on the deck. Our server (Crystal) was awesome. She was super friendly And you could tell she cared about her job and really talked up the place. She made us feel welcome. We started out with the wings which said they were jumbo. They are not but were still very tasty. We got the old bay style. For entrees I had the crab imperial which was in a nice hot bowl and toasted to perfection. I got the green beans and sweet potato as my sides and I liked that they were fresh. The honey butter was to die for. My wife got the stuffed rockfish that was recommended by our waitress and she said it was quite tasty. I would say its a huge improvement from the captains table and thank goodness they got those floors level! We will be back. Lunch menu also looked good.

1 Thank jacklyn1966
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Not Exceptional -”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We decided to drive down to Solomon's today since it was so beautiful out and I was interested in eating by the water. Did a lot of checking on Trip Advisor, a number of the places had mixed reviews and i found Angler's Facebook page where there was a lot of positive buzz. Restaurant was nice and clean, servers were friendly and very good. Food was nothing special. I tried the crab pretzel which was covered in cheese & crab dip. I loved it but it wasn't particularly crabby and the pretzel texture wasn't right, like it was microwaved or frozen before putting the crab dip & cheese on it. My fiancé had the Maryland crab soup and it didn't look very appealing, kind of watery and the crab floating in it looked like claw meat or smaller.

He ordered the crab cake club which I thought would be w/ three slices of bread with a crab cake on one side and the bacon, lettuce, tomato on the other side of the club and it turned out to be a crab cake on toast w/ bacon, lettuce, and tomato. He could have just ordered the crab cake sandwich w/ bacon. The crab cake was large and tasty. The fries were outstanding.

I ordered the spinach salad w/ ahi tuna. I asked for the tuna to be rare. There was plenty of spinach, walnuts, hard boil egg, bacon bits, and a large piece of ahi tuna, encrusted w/ sesame seeds and barely cooked, basically raw. Now I like raw tuna, but it was completely cold, the chef barely put it on the grill. Good ingredients, but not very flavorful. The bacon in the salad was chewy and cold, like leftover bacon from breakfast that was not crisp. I could have made a better salad. Raspberry vinaigrette was OK, probably some commercial product.

The wait staff was very enthusiastic and hard-working so you can't blame them for so-so food. I might have been better off w/ the steak & cheese sandwich or a hamburger. It was an expensive lunch for so-so food.

Too bad since the view is so nice. We won't be back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sue M
Maryland
“New Place - Bad Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

This place used to be a waterfront diner under a different name and ownership. We didn't realize it had changed when we stopped there for lunch. Still a great location and how much could it have changed really. Well, a simple BLT was too much for them to handle. My wife got a chicken breast sandwich and it was undercooked. When we asked for it to be cooked until the pink was gone, they brought back a piece of hard inedible something. Even their "fries" are nothing more than grease puffs. I get that choices are slim in Solomons, but avoid this place. It will probably be out of business within a year anyway.

• Visited April 2014