Review Highlights
A Must To Do - Outstanding Sailing Cruise

Reviewed April 30, 2019
Terra D
Glendive, Montana, United States
Fantastic Sunset Cruise to End the Summer!

Reviewed September 15, 2018
rhombism
Leesburg, Virginia

All reviews sea hawk sailing adventure hour sail sunset cruise his wife chesapeake bay great conversation took pictures took great care my parents local area josh carmelita caramel sailboat safety bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2019

What an awesome adventure! When we learned we had a business trip to Solomon MD, I called and chatted with Josh about their sailing adventure and area activities. Josh was very courteous, friendly and knowledgable to the many questions I had. Apprehension of sailing was my fear. After my first chat with Josh, I knew this was the adventure we were looking for. Josh and his wife, Carmeletta, were very flexible and accommodating to our schedule. When we arrived at the dock, Carmeletta met us with a friendly smile and welcome, welcoming us to their the boat "Sea Hawk". They offered us refreshment and made us feel comfortable. We were given a tour of the inside of the boat, instructed on the safety protocol, and instruction on moving around on the boat Once we started our cruise, ALL my apprehension completely disappeared. Josh and Carmeletta explained and demonstrated to us so many things about sailing, running the boat, to wind direction, to other sailing activities on the waters. They shared the historical information of the bay, building and Naval center. Very knowledgable, eager to answer any questions the area, etc. We could do nothing except enjoy ourselves on the sail. Our sail was a 2 hour evening/sunset tour that lasted longer than that...which we had no objection to. We could have sailed the night away! The only thing we had to do was sit back and relax, enjoying the tour, the water, the fresh breeze and the beautiful scenery and sunset. They are very conscientious to safety, sharing the beauty of their community via sailing, great conversation, yet time to enjoy yourself. Josh and Carmeletta make a wonderful team and do an outstanding job of making the cruise enjoyable. Honestly, I can't speak highly enough about our great time sailing with Josh and Carmeletta. If you are looking for something fun and relaxing to do in Solomon, this is the ticket! We had a wonderful time.

Date of experience: April 2019
Josh M, Owner at Chesapeake Bay Charters, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Terra your review is too kind and very much appreciated. We look forward to having you join us in the future!

Reviewed September 15, 2018

My wife has been dying to try sailing, but where to start. This was the perfect solution! Josh and Carmeletta took us out on the Sea Hawk. It was like going sailing with your friends. The boat was plenty big enough for the four of us and the two of them, with all the amenities you'd need, full service drinks, places in the sun, places in the shade. All of us learned the lingo, the safety, the ropes (lots of ropes!) and got to steer. Both Josh and Carm race and are more than happy to talk you through how to run the boat, or just let you relax on the front deck on a comfy seat.

We booked a four hour sail, really two 2-hour sails with a dinner at a restaurant up the river in between. We went a little longer than that, which was NOT a problem for us. Sunset was beautiful as we sailed back into the Pax river delta. So relaxing, and the perfect way to end the summer (we did this over Labor Day weekend).

If you want to go, they are super flexible, super accommodating. They take pictures for you so you don't need to bring your cameras or phones if you don't want. We basically just climbed on board with our towels and sunglasses and enjoyed a long afternoon on the water.

Essentially these guys give you what you want. If you want some history and restaurant recommendations around Solomons, you got it. If you want to learn about sailing, boom. If you want to sleep on the front of the boat for 4 hours in complete silence, well I guess you could do that too. But we loved talking to Josh and Carm and learning about the area and the boat, and we'll be going again.

Terrific way to spend the day. Best thing we did in Solomon's.

Date of experience: September 2018
Josh M, Owner at Chesapeake Bay Charters, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thanks so much! It was all our pleasure and we really enjoyed taking you all out. Look foward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

This was our first time sailing and they took great care of us, explaining everything, and even took photos for us and posted them! Competitive prices and great customer service. We had a wonderful time.

Date of experience: September 2018
Josh M, Owner at Chesapeake Bay Charters, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

So glad you could join us. We had a great time showing you the sport of sailing and giving you a chance to check something off of your bucket list. Thanks for the kind review.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Three months of anticipation for this sail was not denied. Do I dare say everything was "smooth sailing"?
Josh was an A+ communicator from my first inquiry till our sail was complete - key for me. I also appreciated his helpful guidance with where to hold while moving about. What a team Carmelita and Josh make! I could tell we were in good hands from the minute we were aboard. Their 'safety first' talk was perfect, especially since we had first time sailors, and informative for all.
Our captains really wanted to make this the best experience we could have and they accomplished that. We were six people, family and friends, coming from four different states who wanted to sail on the Chesapeake and Josh made it happen. That was a very cool thing for us.
Rain had just finished when they docked at our B&B for pick up yet there was still a small chance for more rain in the forecast but that didn't stop us or Josh. Our spirited ride was rain free, the sun came out a bit and our four hour sail was over way too quick for me.
Carmelita is a great photographer too! Such a nice touch to have her capture those moments for us rather than we fumbling for cameras.
Thanks for a great experience and I can't wait to book again. --karen k

Date of experience: August 2018
Josh M, Owner at Chesapeake Bay Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Thanks so much for the kind review. We were excited to be able to have such good conditions and be able to provide you such a nice sail. We look forward to having you join us in the future!

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked an evening sunset cruise for a long weekend getaway. Carmelita and Josh were able to get us a 2 hour trip on a busy weekend in Solomons. The two of them make a great team. It’s obvious from their introduction that they love sharing their passion of sailing with others. Before we even got to the dock I was in contact with Josh on the phone and email. He responded quickly and was happy to offer some amenities. Josh offered me a few pick up locations and offered to drop us at our hotel marina. Once on the boat we covered a quick but thorough safety brief. We toured the river before entering the bay. Carmelita and Josh made suggestions for restaurants and other activities on Solomons and pointed them out as we passed them. Our tour took us around Solomons Island and under the bridge at sunset. Carmelita took pictures of us the whole time and shared them with us after the tour. It was great talking with them about how they got into sailing and how they learned their craft. The boat was clean and appeared to be sound. On the way back lighting storms were surrounding us. The light show was really cool to watch. The storm was about 30 miles so there was no danger and we felt safe the Josh and Carmelita were keeping an eye on the weather. I would definitely recommend their tour or charter service. They were great hosts and provide a memorable experience. You should book your tour now.

Date of experience: August 2018
Josh M, Owner at Chesapeake Bay Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thanks for the kind review Tony. You guys were great! We look forward to seeing you in the future!