“Great food, great staff, waterfront location”
Review of Digiovanni's Dock of the Bay - CLOSED

Digiovanni's Dock of the Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is not often you find a restaurant which offers food the caliber of DiGiovannis in an atmosphere that is inviting. Gerri and Cef set a great tone and are friendly and welcoming. The food is excellent and that is coming from an Italian who is a snob about Italian food, having grown up on what Nana makes! We look forward to enjoying many meals with our family at DiGiovannis.

There are newer reviews for Digiovanni's Dock of the Bay

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Welcome back Gerri and Seff, we missed you. Now that the previous owners are running the restaurant again it is definitely a place to have a great dinner. The location and ambiance have always been fantastic (on the water) and the inside is charming and intimate. The food now is equal to the location. I had the pork chops (2 huge chops) that were cooked to perfection. My friend had the lasagna and said it was perfect. The menu has a great selection and there is a nice wine list (reasonable prices). There are daily specials and some mid-week offers.
If you just want a drink there is a small bar and Seff is the best bartender in town! Make sure to stop in and welcome the owners back. You will probably even get a hug, plus a delicious meal!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I received an email stating that the original owners of DiGiovanni's have come out of retirement as well as their chef. My husband and I went to dinner at DiGiovanni's tonight to see what all the hype was about. I started with a cup of coffee to help get rid of a headache, did the trick. I then had a glass of Pinot Noir and my husband had a glass of Sangiovese. We split an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms which consisted of three very large mushrooms stuffed with lots of crabmeat. Mmmm good, will definitely get that again and again. My husband ordered the Spicy sausage and peppers dish, served over rigatoni. You can let them know the degree of spice you want. He loved his, didn't leave a morsell. I had the Chicken Parmisean, very good and the portion so big, I have enough for lunch tomorrow. They gave you warm sliced bread to go with your meal. All this and our bill was $53 which I thought was very good for all we had. The atmosphere was nice, soft Christmas music playing and dim lights. There was only one other couple in the restaurant sitting at the bar. It was early, 5:00p on the Sunday before Christmas. The food was delicious and I'm sure we will be regulars there. They have outdoor seating on the patio with waterview during the warmer months.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The original owners have returned and the food is as fantastic as it was in the old days. Thank God we have a great place to eat in a family atmosphere on the Island again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our first time visiting Solomon's Island and we loved it. Had a very nice family meal at Digiovanni's, good service and good Italian food. The view is lovely.