“Good but not the best to rank #1”
Review of CD Cafe

CD Cafe
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Solomons
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband came for dinner arriving at 5:15 and the girl at the bar was very rude and said they don't open until 5:30 and we could go wait in the lounge next door. We went to the lounge and it was empty, couldn't find anyone to wait on us so we left and dinned elsewhere. I gave it another try and came back the next day for lunch and the staff was super friendly, and service was great. The portion size of my grilled veggie sandwich was huge, I couldn't even eat it as a sandwich, which was okay I omit the bun ofter. It tasted pretty good when I was eating it, however, for the rest of the day I had an oily film in my mouth that I could not get rid of. I iced tea was fantastic. I thought it was expensive, and when I eat a meal I don't want to taste it for the rest of the day. Would not go back.

4  Thank SharieN_13

Reviewed June 10, 2014

When in Solomon's, it's our habit to go the the Dry Dock at Zahniser's Marina. But it was a pre-season Sunday night, and the Dry Dock was closed. Instead, we walked over to CD Cafe and were pleasantly surprised that this little spot inside a small office building could deliver such good food and service. The food is high-end and seasonal; seafood, steak. We had to wait a bit for a table, but it was worthwhile.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I had a sugar craving, and stopped by CD Cafe for some of their famous dessert fare. I will warn you that it is not cheap, but the espresso chocolate chip cheesecake I had was quite simply exquisite! The blueberry pie ala mode that my wife had was incredible as well, but that cheesecake made me feel like I needed to go to confession! I can't speak to their regular menu items, but I heard many satisfied people in the cafe. It is a little on the small side, so be prepared to wait it out if you get there around regular dinner hours.

1  Thank SuffolkJoe
Reviewed May 25, 2014

we went for lunch and came back for dinner-great food each time-really topnotch service, as they were dealing with a holiday crowd-
the seafood was fresh, innovative and delicious- the expresso cheesecake unbelievable--the ice tea freshly brewed, the salads fresh and full of flavor- the advised wine was superb-the bread delish with fresh butter--all the details were paid attention to=
we sat at the bar since there was a wait and had fun watching the bartender hum along--
top notch

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We are new to the area and still working our way through the dining establishments in the Southern Maryland area. Due to a last minute change of plans, a very good friend called to say he was passing through and wanted to meet for dinner.
He is a "foodie" like us which put the pressure on me to find a suitable restaurant. We used Trip Advisor and picked CD Café and kept our fingers crossed since we had not dined there.
What a pleasant surprise! Not a fried fish or oyster to be found! (If you are familiar with the general fare of restaurants in the area, you know what I mean)
We were there on a Tuesday evening and were immediately seated. Our server (David) was very accommodating as we waited for our guest to arrive. David's recommendations for dinner were spot on. So much so that I trusted his choice for my entre' asking that he surprise me with his choice.
All three of us had nothing but the highest praise for the preparation and presentation. Since there are several chefs rotating through the week, there will be a variety of dishes to try out. There is a keen attention to freshness with both the meals they offer as well as the menu itself. We will definitely be going back...very soon!

3  Thank gapiper