“Delightful experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

CD Cafe
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Solomons
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota, Florida
“Delightful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

We are new to the area and still working our way through the dining establishments in the Southern Maryland area. Due to a last minute change of plans, a very good friend called to say he was passing through and wanted to meet for dinner.
He is a "foodie" like us which put the pressure on me to find a suitable restaurant. We used Trip Advisor and picked CD Café and kept our fingers crossed since we had not dined there.
What a pleasant surprise! Not a fried fish or oyster to be found! (If you are familiar with the general fare of restaurants in the area, you know what I mean)
We were there on a Tuesday evening and were immediately seated. Our server (David) was very accommodating as we waited for our guest to arrive. David's recommendations for dinner were spot on. So much so that I trusted his choice for my entre' asking that he surprise me with his choice.
All three of us had nothing but the highest praise for the preparation and presentation. Since there are several chefs rotating through the week, there will be a variety of dishes to try out. There is a keen attention to freshness with both the meals they offer as well as the menu itself. We will definitely be going back...very soon!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank gapiper

Washington, DC
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

The food wasn't inexpensive, but the food was delicious and they served us late (9:10 when they close at 9:30) even though we were the only ones there and they didn't rush us, which we appreciated. I had the scallops with peanut coconut sauce - to die for!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank rtoblin
“Ok food ok service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We have been there several times since we live in the area but still feel that the place is good but not fantastic. We don't mind paying for good food but They really should reconsider the prices.
The service is very very slow so if you come here you better come with time and patience.
I ordered medium well steak it came out bloody raw I sent it back and still came out raw. Just gave up and ate it.
There are so many other good options on the island we'll try another place next time

1 Thank Secondivan
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Always enjoyable and consistent...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Working just a few miles north of Solomons, I frequent CD Café on the average of once a month. I was turned on to this little establishment about five or six years ago when a vendor I had working for me told me about it. I gave it a try and immediately knew I would be putting this very high on my list. Over the years, I’ve eaten about everything on the menu and have taken many people from out of town to eat there for business meetings, etc. The typical night starts at the Next Door Lounge located behind the café with a few beverages. Mike “The Mixologist” always has a surprise drink menu up his sleeve and is great at conversation to all.
Back to eating just about everything on the menu... Now days, I pretty much do not need to look at the menu as I almost always chose whatever fish special they are having for the evening. I have never been displeased doing this and often surprised by the pairings, glazes/sauces, etc. used. The fish is always fresh and the portions are generous. If you try this wonderful little café, I suggest starting with an appetizer of Scallops BBT, Napoleon Tenderloin, or the Savory Cheesecake. If you have enough people, order them all and share, you will not be disappointed.
The menu pricing I consider to be right for the quality of the food you are offered. You can spend a decent amount if you have wine or drinks however, there are items on the menu that are more affordable for those that are on a budget. In all, this little sweet spot has something for everyone and compared to the competition in the area (Dry Dock, The Lighthouse), I feel you get the best bang for the buck. Usually, business colleagues that I have taken there always want to go back when they are in town.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Todd R
Solomons, Maryland
“Eh?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Greetings. I've lived in the Solomons area for ~5 years and have eaten here maybe 5 times and there is a reason for it. Tried it again and was once again under impressed. My lady asked for a creme brulee martini, the bartender went to check @ the main bar (which is in the "Backroom"), came back to inform s "no vanilla vodka". She had some other, i had a regular ... they were at most 2/3 the size of a normal martini, but not 2/3 the price. My lady had here normal dish (she has gone there more frequently than I) and loved it, I had one of the specials and thought it mediocre at best. Heck, even my lady who loves CD Cafe didn't like it! It was like they cleaned out the fridge and were using all the leftovers, besides the tuna being overcooked. Sorry to have to say, but true. We're not foodies, bur one of the limitations of this area seems to be restaurants which are consistently good (quality) yet not too pricey for what they offer.

• Visited February 2014