“Average at best”

CD Cafe
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Solomons
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant based on a locals recommendation. The service was good, but the food was average at best. I ordered steak au poivre. I asked for it to be prpared medium and it came out medium well. It would have been ok if it had the brandy cream sauce, that traditionally comes with this dish. The restaurant is truly over priced based on the location, ambience and food quality. It cost $108 for two of us to eat there. We split an appetizer, two entrees and one drink a piece. I personally think this restaurant is overrated on TripAdvisor.

Just my thoughts....

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Steven A

Southern MD
“Too much salt and Very slow!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

They do not take reservations and the presumed 25 minute wait turned out to be close to an hour.

I have had to send food back more than once because of it being too salty. My friend sent hers back for the same reason.

The service is super slow and getting our entrees took forevvvver! The server plunked us in the corner and then seemed to forget about us. Should it really take 5-10 minutes to get a drink?

After waiting for the entrees to arrive (seemed like 30 minutes), when the server told me that it would not be a long wait if I ordered something else, it still took 20 minutes!

Hubby says it best, "The food is nothing that any person shouldn't be able to do in the kitchen themselves. There is no specialty to it"

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank shmltn
VA
“Local Favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Been to Solomons by boat at least 5 times and had never dined here until last night. Guess I wasn't using Tripadvisor. It's a small place and far better than most other spots in town. I had the roasted rockfish special while my spouse chose a white veggie pizza....both excellent. Service was friendly and efficient. I asked our server about their and she replied...mostly local.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank PeteVa
Alexandria, Virginia
“Popular place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had read good reviews about CD Cafe, so we stopped by for lunch. We were trying to make the riverboat cruise so we were in a bit of a hurry. Well the place is not very large and was packed. So we sat at the bar and ordered salads. The food was good, but I was hoping for a little more relaxation.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank travelgirl1957
Montgomery, Texas
“Best Crab Cake Ever !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I were traveling from Annapolis to Massanutten Resort in Virginia on a Friday and went through Solomons to avoid D.C. area traffic. She looked on TripAdvisor to find a place in Solomons for lunch and settled on the CD Café. They opened at 11:30 AM and several reviews advised being first in line when they opened. We arrived and 11:28 and were seated immediately. There were some 6 to 8 people waiting for a table when we left!

I had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and my wife had the special white sangria. It was excellent and when my wife complimented our server, Heather, she basically told us the ingredients and brought us an empty bottle of an elderflower liquor that was a "secret ingredient". My wife and I both had one of the daily specials, the crab cake sandwich which came with a small salad. The salad was very good having iceberg lettuce, slivers of almond, cucumber, and mandarin oranges. The crab cake, however, was out of this world! It was huge, stuffed with large lumps of crab meat, not too much filler, and just the right amount of seasoning. It came with a Tatar-like sauce. When my wife also asked for some red cocktail sauce, Heather took a little long but returned with a cup of cocktail sauce they had just made up special for my wife. It had fresh horseradish. It was clearly the best crab cake my wife or I have ever had. We topped off the meal sharing a delicious piece of their black-bottom raspberry pie. The light and fluffy pie crust was exceptional. A truly exceptional lunch!!

• Visited June 2013