“Excellant Meal but Served Too Fast”
Review of CD Cafe

CD Cafe
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Solomons
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We were visiting from out of State and heard/read many rave reviews about this small charming restaurant. When we arrived, we were immediately welcomed and seated. We each ordered a cocktail and choose a bottle of wine from their excellant wine list to have with dinner. After we received our drinks the waiter asked if we were ready with our meal selections. We said yes and told him we were going to split the Black Bean Soup with Chorizo (Outstanding!!) and we each gave our entree selection. Within minutes, he arrived back at our table with two heaping bowls of soup. We thought he made a mistake but he insisted that those were "half" portions. Now to our one and only criticism. Halfway through eating our soup, the waiter returns to our table with our entrees! We both gave him a questioning look and stated that we were still eating our soup. His response was somewhat of a shrug and words to the effect that the kitchen staff were being really effecient this evening. I guess I should have insisted that he return the food to the kitchen until we were ready for it but instead we just let him set the food down. Next time (and we will go back...the food was that great!!) we will be sure to instruct the waiter not to serve the next serving until were finished our previous serving.

1  Thank Bayshoreman

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We were visiting Solomon's for a couple weeks. Found CD cafe and ate quite a few meals there both lunch and dinner. Out of curiosity read the reviews. Had to write. I have had many good meals here. The healthy salmon is an excellent preparation. Tenderloin stack appetizer innovative. Asian dressing delicious. Great homemade deserts. Nothing but good service. Location nothing special but the food makes this the best choice in Solomon's.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

There are only about 10 tables in the Cafe. The food was delicious and the waitstaff impeccable. The restaurant was very clean and we were made to feel very welcome. We highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

We have eaten here twice. The food and service are exceptional. My daughter was visiting a local college and I am sorry to say she has decided not apply there because I want to eat at CD Cafe again. Everything from the appetizers to the entrees to the sangria are exceptional!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

After reading all the positive reviews we were excited to make the 3 hour trek to Solomons to try this place. We arrived at 1:30 - after what would be the normal lunch hour.

8 of the 10 tables were full with people sitting and talking. We weren't sure if this was a seat yourself place or if we should wait. I asked a passing server if it was okay to sit and he ignored me. Turns out you do seat yourself.

Once we placed our order it took over 40 minutes for our food to arrive. In fact, we got to the point where we said, "let's give them 5 more minutes and we're out of here." Our food arrived three minutes later. By now it was well after 2:15 and I was watching the clock. Hungry.

I ordered the "veggie sandwich" which was a bun, thick slice of tomato, a very tiny amount of spinach, 1/2 a brown avocado, and a portabella mushroom that was about the size of a fifty-cent piece (we laughed because it was so small). No chips, no potato salad, NOTHING other than a veggie sandwich which cost $10.95.

I've had the same style sandwich at Mangoes in Rose Haven, MD that had a real portabello mushroom on it and a healthy dose of spinach AND a side dish included for $8.50.

Overall everything on the menu was pricey and the portion sizes of other dishes we saw go by were all quite small. I'm not sure we'll be back to this place again. Makes me want to try the Catamaran - maybe they changed staff with each other.

2  Thank lovestotravelohyeah