“Solid good food with an eye toward fresh ingredients”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of CD Cafe

CD Cafe
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Solomons
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Beverly Hills, Michigan
“Solid good food with an eye toward fresh ingredients”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We were visiting Solomon's for a couple weeks. Found CD cafe and ate quite a few meals there both lunch and dinner. Out of curiosity read the reviews. Had to write. I have had many good meals here. The healthy salmon is an excellent preparation. Tenderloin stack appetizer innovative. Asian dressing delicious. Great homemade deserts. Nothing but good service. Location nothing special but the food makes this the best choice in Solomon's.

Salisbury
“Cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

There are only about 10 tables in the Cafe. The food was delicious and the waitstaff impeccable. The restaurant was very clean and we were made to feel very welcome. We highly recommend it.

Visited October 2011
Pennsylvania’s Endless Mountains, Pennsylvania
“This has got to be the best restaurant ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

We have eaten here twice. The food and service are exceptional. My daughter was visiting a local college and I am sorry to say she has decided not apply there because I want to eat at CD Cafe again. Everything from the appetizers to the entrees to the sangria are exceptional!

• Visited October 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Were we at the right place??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

After reading all the positive reviews we were excited to make the 3 hour trek to Solomons to try this place. We arrived at 1:30 - after what would be the normal lunch hour.

8 of the 10 tables were full with people sitting and talking. We weren't sure if this was a seat yourself place or if we should wait. I asked a passing server if it was okay to sit and he ignored me. Turns out you do seat yourself.

Once we placed our order it took over 40 minutes for our food to arrive. In fact, we got to the point where we said, "let's give them 5 more minutes and we're out of here." Our food arrived three minutes later. By now it was well after 2:15 and I was watching the clock. Hungry.

I ordered the "veggie sandwich" which was a bun, thick slice of tomato, a very tiny amount of spinach, 1/2 a brown avocado, and a portabella mushroom that was about the size of a fifty-cent piece (we laughed because it was so small). No chips, no potato salad, NOTHING other than a veggie sandwich which cost $10.95.

I've had the same style sandwich at Mangoes in Rose Haven, MD that had a real portabello mushroom on it and a healthy dose of spinach AND a side dish included for $8.50.

Overall everything on the menu was pricey and the portion sizes of other dishes we saw go by were all quite small. I'm not sure we'll be back to this place again. Makes me want to try the Catamaran - maybe they changed staff with each other.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank lovestotravelohyeah
Rockville, MD
“creative and tasty dishes in a small space (very noisy when full)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I were eager to try CD Cafe based on other Trip Advisor reviews, and for the most part it did not disappoint. While visiting Solomons Island for the weekend, we went to this cafe for dinner Saturday night. We got there a little after 6 pm and there was one table available; after that newcomers had to wait for varying times for a table to open up. Keep in mind that dinner hours are limited--5:30-9:30 Monday-Saturday and 5:30-9 Sunday. (They also have a lunch menu.) It seems to be a popular place with locals as well as tourists.

My husband had one of the specials, grilled corvino (fish) topped with crabmeat, with green beans and wild rice on the side. The wild rice was quite salty but otherwise he enjoyed the food. I had sauteed shrimp on risotto with tomatoes, pancetta, and zucchini--a very tasty dish. For dessert we had the chocolate mounds cake, which is similar in taste to a Mounds candy bar but with a nicer texture and presentation. It was delicious.

The service was OK but not overly attentive. We did not get bread until the entrees were served, at which point the waitress asked if we wanted rolls. We said yes and she brought them, but they were kind of dry and not warm. They had some kind of herb seasoning and probably would have been good if warm and/or soft.

The main negative is how noisy it is when full. This was meant to be a romantic dinner celebrating our birthdays, but we practically had to yell to hear each other speak. If we go back to Solomons Island, we might try going for an earlier dinner to see if it is quieter.

• Visited September 2011