“Amazing food”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We just returned from our first visit to Solomons Island. We had originally made a reservation at another restaurant however we started talking to the locals about dinner and everyone raved about the food at CD Cafe. So we just had to cancel our reservations for the other restaurant to give it a try. It was fabulous. The food was absolutely amazing. It is a great atmosphere. Although they dont take reservations they have a lounge bar where you can sit and order drinks and appetizers. We are all looking forward to going back.

1  Thank MandMColon

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is my my favorite place to eat. Used to live in the area in 2001 to 2004 and recently went to the area for business. The food is still great!! Everything is made on site and is worth a trip if you are in the area. Must place to eat if you are in Southern MD.

1  Thank PhilipFo
Reviewed May 7, 2011

My girlfriends and I enjoy dining here when we can get a night out. Delicious, upscale menu, in a cozy cafe environment. The outside of the building sends the wrong vibe, as it is truly cozy inside. They also have a lounge, next store, hence the name- Next Door Lounge. The lounge is great as well, offering all the same apps and desserts as the restaurant in a lounge atmosphere. Weds are half price Wine- Wine Down Wednesday! Must stop by while you are in town!

1  Thank wheninroam05
Reviewed May 2, 2011

The food was fairly good but overly priced for the portion size. The place is very cute but small, tight on space and you can't really go in with more than 4 people for a table. Nice location to the rest of solomons but it lacks the views/outside area. I enjoyed my meal and can see why people go there but will not put it as one of my favorites, worth trying out once!

1  Thank Leonard12
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We came to this restaurant by recommendation of our Innkeeper at the Blue Heron. I have a multitude of food allergies and she said they would be able to accommodate me and wow was she correct.

We were warned that sometimes the wait is long because their seating is limited but when we arrived there, we only had a 5 minute wait and I have to say I watched them all evening and the way they sat people and rotated them in and out without being pushy was very impressive and efficient!

Our server was very attentive. She went to the kitchen upon my request to make sure I could eat the dish i wanted to order. The server assured me the chef could make it to my dietary needs and be tasty all the same. She was right! My food was amazing as was my husband's. I was also able to have a dessert, creme brulee which was delicious.

The only con of the evening I would say was that it was our birthday/anniversary celebration and the atmosphere was a bit too noisy for our liking but other than that, it was a fabulous experience.

1  Thank Enzalina