Tripadvisor
Solomons

“Calamari, Crab Balls, and Cheesecake, oh my!!”

Kingfishers Seafood Bar and Grill
Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Solomons
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

We were visiting family in the area and wanted seafood for dinner. One of my best friends recommended Kingfishers, and it truly delivered! Being new to the restaurant, we were pleasantly greeted by our server, Matt, who is a true asset to the establishment. His manners, recommendations, and attention to detail are spot-on (if not above and beyond). The Calamari and Crab Dip alone were delectable, but the entree with Crab Balls, Crispy Shrimp, Cod Filets, and Frites totally knocked it out of the park! We will definitely return for more!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (163)

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

I recently hosted a birthday party at Kingfishers on a Sunday afternoon and it was a real success. Our group of 30 had part of the restaurant to ourselves, in an area that could be closed off with glass doors. The room was spacious and the view of the water was beautiful. We arranged it with an event planner through the restaurant’s website, though we learned the day of the event that she is with a separate company. She (Anna) was very pleasant to deal with. The restaurant was apparently unaware of a couple of details, but everything worked out. For example, the restaurant did not have the brand of champagne I had specially requested for the toast. When this was discovered right before the party began, they went out and got it. Many thanks to Emily and Matt of Kingfishers for going the extra mile so that all the guests felt welcome and well-served. I’d recommend this place to others looking to host a casual event in Solomons.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 25, 2019

Stonies has always been the place to get a good, solid crab cake with very little filler. I have been disappointed the past few times I have been to Kingfishers. In October, we went and although the crab was great, the sides were cold. When we spoke up, we did receive another warmer order but the attitude was there which did not set well. The second time I was by myself and it again felt like I was not as important as the two tables of four nearby.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed December 16, 2019

We go several times a year, sometimes with just a friend or two and sometimes with a group of 8 to 12. The food is good as is the service, whether the group is large or small. Nice view of the Solomons harbor. Never had a problem with parking.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 30, 2019

We always get their delicious Maryland Crab soup, sometimes some extra to bring home. Tables overlook the bay, staff is attentive, food is really good.

Date of visit: November 2019