“We continue to return to this excellent marina”
Review of Spring Cove Marina

Spring Cove Marina
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Solomons
More attraction details
Owner description: A resort Marina in the heart of Solomons with slips for power and sail, full service boatyard and dry storage, pool with seasonal bar and grill, lovely picnic grounds and immaculate private bathroom facilities. A fuel dock, unique giftstore and customer shuttle help to make this one of the most popular stops on the Chesapeake Bay.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

SCM is one of the best we have visited on the bay. Great accommodations along with friendly folks, great pool with tiki bar, picnic areas and more.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

A quiet, peaceful older marina. Everyone was friendly. Very close to the Calvert Maritime Museum to fill one afternoon. If you enjoy walking or bicycling, it is an easy trip to town. If not, the shuttle is convenient. I enjoyed the area set aside for barbequing with the large pine trees shading you and making everything feel peaceful. Not for those that want extravagance.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a lovely time we had at Spring Cover Marina this weekend. From the time we arrived we had a pleasant greeting over the marina to the VERY helpful dock boy that greeted us.
The marina had a very nice pool with bar (great pina coladas), a really nice gift shop and store, bike rentals for that ride to town and the cleanest bathrooms we have seen.
The staff is uber friendly and helpful. They also offer free shuttle service to town too. And man are they quick. No standing around for long periods like elsewhere. And walk to town is fabulous too. Town is small, if you haven't been there before. But it was exactly what we were looking for. Took about 6 hours to sight see at the museums and cruise town and shops, but that was perfect so we could head back to the pool. My favorite was taking out the bikes each morning and riding past all the great waterviews.. Best weekend in a long time. Even our 15 year old really enjoyed the trop! Oh and rates were reasonable. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I loved this place. From the time I called the fuel dock on the VHF until the morning I pulled out of my slip, they were the nicest people anywhere.

The gas prices were great, the dock fees were very reasonable and the property was well cared for. Every day, I watched the workers clean, pick up, and take care of everything. The facilities were in good operation and clean. The ship store was full of supplies. They sell the basics as well as food and beer. I stayed four nights and was not bored.

The large lap pool has underwater music! The marina has a shuttle service that will take you out to the shops or to the pubs and restaurants. There are a number of places to visit within walking distance too. We walked to the Calvert Marine Museum, West Marine and several restaurants.

I will go back!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spring Cove has two of the best perks for a marina: shaded park area and best marina/gift store ever. The pool overlooks the river and they now have a great tiki bar with good food and drink all day. There are at least 8 individual bath houses that are air conditioned and clean. There are many picnic tables and charcoal grills in a large shaded park like area between the pool and docks. They even have a dink area so you don't have to figure out how to get your dink in and out of your boat slip. Also new since I have last been there is a courtesy shuttle to town or wherever you may need to go (West Marine, pharmacy, etc) which is a golf cart or van depending on the need. The shuttle was there within minutes of making the request. This adds to your stay since the only thing I may negatively say is that Spring Cove is about a mile from the downtown area (if you can call it that) where most of the shops and restaurants are. You can easily walk but when it's hot out it can be a long walk.
TIP - The July 4th fireworks were the best I have seen in a long time -- as good as Baltimore/Annapolis.